Fashion advice pls: scarf or no scarf...???? (pics)

sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
Sorry if the pose looks weird-just trying to have it show clearly.

The first pic turned out to be blurry anyways, but i think the dress shows...

no scarf

jo1.jpg

scarf:

jo2.jpg

ETA: I like the scarf but feel it looks "too much" because there's already alot of design + a belt
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It looks like it is 50/50 so far, so I guess people think it looks good either way. Scarves are really in this year, so I would wear the scarf. I have 2 my daughter brought back from Italy. One is red & the other is beige. I can't wait to wear them.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Love the scarf!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Unless it is cold, you don't need a scarf. You especially don't need a non-functional scarf that sends you into pattern-overload.

Skip it!
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I think the 1st picture looks more balanced and more approachable ... plus the neckline of the dress is visually interesting, a nice contrast between vertical neckline & horizontal collarbones. it seems like a shame to hide that point of interest.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No scarf. It has way too much going on with the scarf.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No scarf. It's just too busy for that dress. With a solid dress, or a solid scarf with that dress maybe.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • TK*TK* Posts: 885Registered Users
    Depends on what sort of "look" you're going for.

The scarf looks more "Bohemian." I agree with other said, it would probably look better WITHOUT the scarf. How about substituting a cool hat or bag instead of the scarf?
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No scarf
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    No scarf- way too much pattern going on there- the dress is interesting enough and looks great without it.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    C'mon! Where's y'all's sense of adventure? :D
    or I have no fashion sense...lol

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
    Ok looks like almost everyone is against the scarf!...But my primary reason for wanting to wear one in the first place is because I don't like the neckline.
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I love the scarf. Keep it!
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
    thanks !!:flower:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the neckline of the dress. I think the pattern of the scarf really clashes with the dress pattern. Way too much going on IMO.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I, personally, think the neckline is very flattering!
    I agree. The neckline is the best part of the whole outfit.

Of course, I have no fashion sense. :D
    Minneapolis, MN
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    I am anti-scarf with this outfit.
    They are both great, but just not together.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Narnia wrote: »
    I am anti-scarf with this outfit.
    They are both great, but just not together.

I agree. It's just too over the top with them together.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file