How long do you wait...

MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
...before dropping the L-bomb? I know lots of people who say "I love you" very shortly into a relationship, but I think it's wise to wait a while. What do you think?
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i'm sort of lame in that I wait for the guy to drop that bomb first.

For me, I have to take time to make sure that it's actually love and not the whole rush and infatuation of something new and exciting. That dopamine can make me a bit goofy.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice

Not lame, really smart. I do the same thing.

My current SO said it after about 2 months. He was over at my apartment, making this incredible seafood pasta dish. I said something about "I love your cooking.", he looked over me and said "I love YOU." :love7:
  • SarahMarieSarahMarie Posts: 901Registered Users
    I think I was with my boyfriend for about 4 months when I said it. That's when I felt it. He didn't say it to me until about 2 months later, but I would rather him wait to say it when he meant it and not just because I said it to him.
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte

For me, I have to take time to make sure that it's actually love and not the whole rush and infatuation of something new and exciting. That dopamine can make me a bit goofy.

Me too! LOL.
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I've only said it once (in a romantic sense - I tell people I love that I love them, including friends, regularly), and not very far into the relationship. I'm not sure timeframe... But I've dated other guys for months without saying it. I just wait until I believe it. One of my friends told me that since love is an emotion, there are different levels of it perhaps, but if I believe I love someone - I do. Made sense to me...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,767Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I never say it 1st.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I said it first with my ex. It felt wonderful.

As to timing, I guess I've said it whenever I'm sure I feel it, although come to think of it, as redcelticcurls said, that dopamine rush usually kick-starts my emotions.Something to watch in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file