returning after 5 years

curlmatic82curlmatic82 Registered Users Posts: 5
i used to be a member of this community...went through the entire process of transitioning and then had two horrible experiences. one was a curly hair expert at oribe and the other was a stylist at devachan (of all places to have a bad curly hair experience). long story short i ran home with a hoodie on my head until i could find the nearest dominican salon. got a relaxer and was content for the next couple of years. now, however, my hair is thin, split and just nasty over all. i want thick, shiny natural hair and i'm even willing to go through the chaotic transitioning experience. wish me luck guys. i'll need all the transition styling help i can get.

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome back!

How long have you been transitioning?
    What kind of expensive haircut did you get that made you run out with a hoodie?
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• veggiegirl314veggiegirl314 Registered Users Posts: 16
    welcome back! Good luck!
  • curlmatic82curlmatic82 Registered Users Posts: 5
    thanks. and i don't want to say the name of the salon because it's quite a popular place and the stylist who works on my hair is reported to regularly lurk the boards. i don't want to shout them out.
  • MelMalMelMal Registered Users Posts: 48
    Oh I am so sorry that you have had negative experiences. I actually go to Devachan and love it, but I am certain it depends on the stylists and also not all products work for all heads. I am also back to the transition process. I got two bad dye jobs back to back and the harsh chemicals totally straightened most of my hair. It's been several months now and it's getting much better, but it was still just traumatizing! (Seriously)

What I have been doing is getting my hair done at the Dominicans and just getting regular treatments while it grows out. That's all you really can do. Be extra gentle and kind to your hair!
    Curly hair is FIERCE!:angel8:
    I did the BC: 6.25.09!
    Remember to love and respect your hair!:flower:
    http://public.fotki.com/melmal22/
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome back! We're glad you've re-joined us!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file