Exercise Ball

CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
You know those giant grey exercise balls? What are they supposed to do for you? I've been meaning to, you know, try to practice push-ups on it or something, but I end up bouncing on it with a carton of ice cream, watching TV. I'm sure bouncing burns calories, right? right?

Urg. What are some exercises to do on them? Hopefully my icecream eating will cease if I do some actual workouts on the exercise ball.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Comments

• BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    I love my exercise ball! It challenges your muscles more b/c you have to stay balanced throughout the workout. I do sit ups, push ups, chest presses and flies - basically everything on it.

There is a really great book called On the Ball with some exercises you can try. You could also find some by doing a Google search. Have fun!
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This has encouraged me to finally go out and buy one. I'm sick of lying on the floor doing situps.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • hmkennyhmkenny Curl Connoisseur Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use exercise videos with my stability ball but it also came with an exercise chart. Try searching for stability ball exercises on Youtube. Lots of helpful videos there.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • FullOfCurlsFullOfCurls Posts: 47Registered Users
    hmkenny wrote: »
    I use exercise videos with my stability ball but it also came with an exercise chart. Try searching for stability ball exercises on Youtube. Lots of helpful videos there.

I use video's with mine too! I love my ball because then I have to think about holding my core tight.

I also use mine sitting in front of the TV and trying to sit on it cross legged and doing little things which help build up some core strength.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I do a workout video called Turbo Jam Total Body Blast that uses an exercise ball. It has a lot of crunches and variations while you're sitting on the ball, plus a lot of moves where you're squeezing the ball with your legs, holding it and doing arm movements, doing push-ups with your legs or feet on it, etc. It's a good workout.
    ehLB.jpg
  • jillipoojillipoo Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love my ball! I use it in Pilates class.

But here's a fun video that will tell you how NOT to use it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TS3xP-tOWM
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file