Help With Jean Size Please :D

egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
soooo my measurements are 38"-24"-38" anyone know what jean size i am? the reason im having a hard time figuring out...well besides vanity sizing lol.....is coz according to most size charts for jeans my waist is a size 1 or 2 sometimes even a 0! but obviously my hips arent :) i know that size 6 in jeans is too big.....
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• curlymaybecurlymaybe Posts: 354Registered Users
    -You should try looking for curvy cut jeans. They have a greater difference between the waist and hip measurements (instead of being straight cut).
    -Stretch jeans will stay up better even if they aren't the perfect fit.
    -Some companies will make custom jeans if you send them your measurements. I'll see if i can find some links.
    HTH
    Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
  • curlymaybecurlymaybe Posts: 354Registered Users
    Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried Apple Bottom jeans?
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users

no i havent...what size do ya think id be?
    curlymaybe wrote: »
    -You should try looking for curvy cut jeans. They have a greater difference between the waist and hip measurements (instead of being straight cut).
    -Stretch jeans will stay up better even if they aren't the perfect fit.
    -Some companies will make custom jeans if you send them your measurements. I'll see if i can find some links.
    HTH

thanks!!:toothy3:

I have no idea, you'd really have to try them on. I wear a 9/10 in them but normally wear a 12 or 14 in other brands of jeans. They are just made for big booties. They are the only brand that fits my waist and my rear (usually to fit my behind the waist will gap on me quite a bit).

Unfortunately their website's size chart is screwed up because it only shows the plus sizes :(
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]

I have no idea, you'd really have to try them on. I wear a 9/10 in them but normally wear a 12 or 14 in other brands of jeans. They are just made for big booties. They are the only brand that fits my waist and my rear (usually to fit my behind the waist will gap on me quite a bit).

Unfortunately their website's size chart is screwed up because it only shows the plus sizes :(

ya i know!! dang it lol.....ya i just dont know what my jean size is in general because of the big size difference in my waist versus hips......im thinking a 4 since 6 is too big on my waist....but i wonder if im a 2...2 is reeeaally tiny right? like no butt tiny? lol coz it wouldnt be me then...im tiny but i got a butt and hips..thats why im thinking 4. jessica alba is a 2 (with no butt or hips imo) and kourtney kardashian is a 4 with a butt and hips........
    Keep in mind that celebrities (and people with money) will have clothes custom made for them or have them altered to fit them. So whatever size they "say" they are is pretty irrelevant when it comes to off-the-rack clothing.

I know a couple of curvy girls who just buy pants to fit them in the hips/rear and then have the waist taken in.
    [/FONT]
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Someone in a size two is difinitely small by most standards but it certainly isn't the tiniest size. I have size two pants that are larger than my size four pants. :happy6: Craziness.

I second buying jeans to fit your hips/thighs/butt and having the waist altered.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    There is absolutely no standardized sizing between brands. You need to either just try jeans on or go and read each brand's size chart.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You may need to buy off the rack to fit your hips and then have them taken in for your waist by a tailor.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    Speckla wrote: »
    Someone in a size two is difinitely small by most standards but it certainly isn't the tiniest size. I have size two pants that are larger than my size four pants. :happy6: Craziness.

I second buying jeans to fit your hips/thighs/butt and having the waist altered.

would u say a 4 is small or medium? sorry just trying to figure this all out...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

would u say a 4 is small or medium? sorry just trying to figure this all out...

I'd say a small. I wear a 4 in most brands and my hips are 34" and waist is 23".
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,772Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If you have big hips & butt, then I would doubt if a 4 would fit you. I wear a size 2 or 4 & I would consider this a small size. My hips are narrow.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users

ya i know!! dang it lol.....ya i just dont know what my jean size is in general because of the big size difference in my waist versus hips......im thinking a 4 since 6 is too big on my waist....but i wonder if im a 2...2 is reeeaally tiny right? like no butt tiny? lol coz it wouldnt be me then...im tiny but i got a butt and hips..thats why im thinking 4. jessica alba is a 2 (with no butt or hips imo) and kourtney kardashian is a 4 with a butt and hips........

I'm a 2 and my measurement is about 36. I don't have hips, but I have a butt.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Just what I was going to say. I have to do this. Never had found a pair of pants that fit well all over straight off the rack.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Another vote for having jeans tailored. You need to try them on and get what fits the largest part of you. The rest can be taken in. Number size won't matter since there is no standardized sizing anyway.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Annarie101 wrote: »

I'm a 2 and my measurement is about 36. I don't have hips, but I have a butt.

in your opinion, since your a size 2, do you think 38" hips could fit in em?
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    What does it matter if you fit in a 2 or a 4? Are you ordering them online? If not, go to the store and try them because a size 2 in the same brand can still fit differently.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »
    What does it matter if you fit in a 2 or a 4? Are you ordering them online? If not, go to the store and try them because a size 2 in the same brand can still fit differently.

im ordering online and i would like to know what my jean size is roughly
    Windflower wrote: »

im ordering online and i would like to know what my jean size is roughly

If you're having that much trouble, maybe ordering online isn't the best option. Going to a brick-and-mortar store to find the brands you are interested in and trying on different sizes will help so that in the future you'll have a baseline so that you can order online.

If you are ordering online, why not buy a size 2 and a size 4 and maybe even a size 6, depending on the brand and the brand's size chart? When I ever shop online, I always buy 2 or 3 sizes. It is pain returning, but at least I don't have to pay shipping 3 or 4 times.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    I already posted here once, but I think you're kind of missing what everyone is saying here. Jean brands are not all sized the same!

You either need to tell us what brand you're even looking at.. OR just make it easy and order a bunch and return what doesn't fit.

We can't tell by your measurements what brand or size you'll fit in. By most sizing, 38" hips are NOT a size 4 - more like a 6/8.

Also, even though a brand's size chart might SAY one measurement, the actual jean styles within their brand may differ more than an inch depending on the cut.

Just go try some on woman!
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

SydneyCurl wrote: »
    I already posted here once, but I think you're kind of missing what everyone is saying here. Jean brands are not all sized the same!

You either need to tell us what brand you're even looking at.. OR just make it easy and order a bunch and return what doesn't fit.

We can't tell by your measurements what brand or size you'll fit in. By most sizing, 38" hips are NOT a size 4 - more like a 6/8.

Also, even though a brand's size chart might SAY one measurement, the actual jean styles within their brand may differ more than an inch depending on the cut.

I wore an 8 when I was at that hip size.

SydneyCurl wrote: »

ya i know im gonna........i just wanted to know in general what you ladies would think i would be just to give me an idea....
    By the looks of the size charts below, you may want to order a size 6, 8 or 10.
    Darn, the charts didn't behave....I have added links to the charts.

Eddie Bauer

38 inch hips:
    size 8

Bloomingdales:

38 inch hips:
    CONTEMPORARY SIZE CHART
    size 10

CLASSIC SIZE CHART (USA)
    size 8

PETITE'S SIZE CHART FOR 5'4" AND UNDER (USA)
    size 10P
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    well my hips are 38" and I usually wear a size 8 because my waist is wider than yours - 29" so since your waist is smaller you will either have to send in meausrements for customized jeans or order several sizes as others have suggested. Yeah, shopping for womens clothes is a blast!
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • KorynCCKorynCC Posts: 20Registered Users
    PZI jeans is a good company........they got a website www.pzijeans.com.........i have a 27" waist and 41" hips..........by there standards i wear a size 8........most other companys i wear a 10 if they got some streach to them, but they mostly gap at the waist.........this is the only company i have found where they don't........i would guess you would need a size 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2c/3a
    USING: suave and vo5 conditioners, giovanni direct leave in, FOTE, HEBE, la bella gel.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I have that problem too because my waist has always been teeny. I just find jeans that fits the rest of my bod and have the waist nipped - its the easiest way.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file