CG questions..

Im going to be starting the CG routine, but i have a few questions..
First off, is the clarifying shampoo a must? I use Garnier Fructis shampoo, and i know its not good, but i dont really have any other shampoo and i already have so many wasted products...
And then, are the following products CG friendly?: Garnier Fructis smoothing milk; tresemme flawless curls mouse.
please and thank you :]

Comments

• frenzied_frizzfrenzied_frizz Registered Users Posts: 54
    A 'clarifying shampoo' is any shampoo that has sulfates in it, but no 'cones. I just used my regular old Tresemme for the clarifying stage before I started CG.

I'm not sure about whether the products you mentioned were CG but this website lists a lot of products that are CG-friendly (just check under the 'drug store' sections: http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/free.html

Hope this helps!
    Hair Type: Fine to medium below shoulder-length 3b hair
    Using: Avalon Organics Volumizing Shampoo, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Herbal Essences Body Envy Gel
    Experimenting With: Live Clean Moisturizing Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish

Searching For: a drugstore replacement (i.e. cheap) for L'Oreal Vive Pro

Mod-CG since November 2008
  • aneffigyaneffigy Registered Users Posts: 93
    I would recommend checking out the link above, but I'm going to guess that neither of those are CG. Garnier is notorious for being very cone-heavy, as is Tresseme.
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
  • lolligurl159lolligurl159 Registered Users Posts: 15
    yeah, i guess i wont be using those anymore.
    what are some CG friendly products that are pretty cheap, preferably found at Target or Walmart?
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Frenzied posted a good link. You can also check out the product review section for ideas.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Suave Naturals, and some of the VO5 conditioners are CG friendly, available at Target and just about everywhere else, and uber cheap.

I started CGing with Suave Naturals, using a Burt's Bees non-sulfate shampoo (which has long since been consigned to if-I-absolutely-have-to-have-something--I-can-use-this storage because it's okay but doesn't ring my chimes) occasionally at first, and aloe vera gel as an additional moisturizer, and to seal my cuticle and as a lightweight gel. So I got started for less than $10.

In the meantime, I just put my other hair products aside for a while. I very quickly realized that not wasting the products I'd been using before I learned about CG was not worth the cost of the damage they did to my hair. So I took them in to work and gave them to people who would use and appreciate them. Other options are to take them in to your gym, or (if they'll take items which are partially used) donating them to a women's shelter.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • starcrosserstarcrosser Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    The Garnier Smoothing Milk definitely has cones (I checked yesterday).. Not sure about the other one.
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file