PLEASE!!!How to do a hair butter or whipped hair butter

ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
Hi,

I want to make a hair butter. Something creamy, light with no greasy after and that won't weight my 4a/4b that is very fine if it's dense.

I was thinking
Unrefined cupuacu butter that is a creamy soft butter
Unrefined brazil nut oil
Watermelon seed oil
Baobab oil
Manketti oil

How do I make a hair butter?
Do have to melt the butter with the oils and this it?

Do have to melt the butter and oils then whipped in the blender?

Please help me!!

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    Thank you
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
    First you don't need all those oils, Brazil nut oil is a nice yet rich oil and if you are using that you only need a little of it. And if you are using a soft butter you only need to whip it until fluffy and then add your oil. Sometimes adding aloe vera gel makes your butter a little thicker. If you are using a hard butter you need to melt it down in a double boiler and then add your oil mix it and place in the freezer.
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051
    Ms Kitty wrote: »
    First you don't need all those oils, Brazil nut oil is a nice yet rich oil and if you are using that you only need a little of it. And if you are using a soft butter you only need to whip it until fluffy and then add your oil. Sometimes adding aloe vera gel makes your butter a little thicker. If you are using a hard butter you need to melt it down in a double boiler and then add your oil mix it and place in the freezer.

Ms Kitty, Have you ever used brazil nut ? you said it's rich, how rich is it:rich like in leaving hair greasy, or rich but is well absorbed?
    I was going to do add the other oils just for their properties, do you really think it's too much?
    If I add tha aloe vera, how do I preserve the butter: fridge, vitamin E, grapefruit seed extract ...
    I will do 4 ounces or 8 ounces

Thanks
    Zoyia
  • PetalPetal Posts: 219Registered Users
    So, is it necessary to keep the butter in the freezer? I don't want it to get hard.
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
  • Sunshine415Sunshine415 Posts: 4Registered Users
    You should try Youtube search wigotry hair cream.....it looks good and super healthy im gonna try it sometime this week....
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Zoyia wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to make a hair butter. Something creamy, light with no greasy after and that won't weight my 4a/4b that is very fine if it's dense.

I was thinking
    Unrefined cupuacu butter that is a creamy soft butter
    Unrefined brazil nut oil
    Watermelon seed oil
    Baobab oil
    Manketti oil

How do I make a hair butter?
    Do have to melt the butter with the oils and this it?

Do have to melt the butter and oils then whipped in the blender?

Please help me!!

Zoyia, where were you going to get all of these oils from? You have a few in that list that I've never seen for sale before...and I thought I had seen almost everything! *lol*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    BotticelliBabe,You can check Fromnaturewithlove.com
    gardenstatesnatural.com
  • dimples12553dimples12553 Posts: 69Registered Users
    the best way to make a butter, is to use a hand mixer the same that you would use to mix cake batter. Whenever I make some whipped hair products I find it easier and less of a hassle than using a blender.

I did some research on the oils that you want to use, and I also think that you are using too many of them.. you really should try to keep it simple. Do not try to over do it some of those ingredients do the same thing.
    Dimples12553:afro:
    • Type: 4B, feels more like a 4C
    • Last Relaxer: 6/2001
    • Moisturizer: Raw unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil cream
    • Daily Spritz: recipe of Aloe Vera Gel, water & glycerine with some peppermint essential oil for a little tingle
    • Remember HAPPY hair is HEALTHY Hair. :wav:
  • TavymamaTavymama Posts: 10Registered Users
    Where do you find all the ingriedents, and the recipes?
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
    I get butters from, fromnaturewithlove.com, gardenstatenaturals.com,newdirectionsaromatic.com and gardensofwisdom.com.
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051
  • dimples12553dimples12553 Posts: 69Registered Users
    you can get alot of these things at www.mountainroseherbs.com . I try to get most of my ingredients from the same place. This way you can have confidence in your creations.

Some things can also be purchased from the healthfoods store. However you should still read the labels VERY carefully. I was just at the one in my area just browsing and noticed that the shea butter that they happen to sell is refined as opposed to unrefined.

Hope this helps.
    Dimples12553:afro:
    • Type: 4B, feels more like a 4C
    • Last Relaxer: 6/2001
    • Moisturizer: Raw unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil cream
    • Daily Spritz: recipe of Aloe Vera Gel, water & glycerine with some peppermint essential oil for a little tingle
    • Remember HAPPY hair is HEALTHY Hair. :wav:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The baobab oil is such a silky, high-quality oil, I would not mix it. I am using straight both on face and hair.

I would add a little of one or 2 of the other oils to the capuacu butter and whip it. A little AV gel wouldn't hurt either. If you add the AV gel, use a preservative (grapefruit seed extract, citric acid)
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Posts: 259Registered Users
    Ms Kitty wrote: »
    I get butters from, fromnaturewithlove.com, gardenstatenaturals.com,newdirectionsaromatic.com and gardensofwisdom.com.

Ms. Kitty, I just wanted to say how much I LOVE your fingerfro. Did you just finger twist sections or is there more to the style?

And thanks, for the links. I only new of one of the suppliers you posted.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders
  • aromaexeprtaromaexeprt Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi guys!
    Visit http://www.mokshalifestyle.com for all your natural raw material requirements!
    We stock over 200 products ranging from essential oils, carrier oils, hydrosols, waxes, muds, clays to fragrance oils.
    Lowest prices, cheapest delivery options and 100% money back guarantee, with delivery guaranteed within 4 working days!
    Do visit!
    XOXO
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    I buy from a few different web sites to get stuff. One of the days I'll get annoyed and build a store that stocks everything!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file