I got a tattoo!!!

StrawberiCurlsStrawberiCurls Posts: 424Registered Users
I did it...took the plunge yesterday. I've always wanted something meaningful, so I ended up getting a small "J" on the inside of my forearm right below my wrist, off-centered to the right side.

The "J" stands for Jake, my little brother who passed away this summer.

I absolutely love it. And the best part is every time I look at it, I think of my little brother...but not the fact that he's gone. It reminds me of the 5 years I got to spend with him.

One day I'll put a pic up if I'm technologically savvy enough...
3a/3b mix
5 year HG's:
-L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture creme
-Ouidad Climate Control gel

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    How have you been SC? We've all been thinking about you :)
    Very cool tat...absolutely...I'd love to see a pic
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• StrawberiCurlsStrawberiCurls Posts: 424Registered Users
    Aw, thanks for thinkin of me :)

I've been getting by... senior year has pretty much consumed my life so that's helping pass the time a lot. Also, private counseling and The Compassionate Friends (a group for people grieving the loss of a child/sibling) have been absolute godsends for me. The holidays are difficult, of course, but I have a really strong family support system.
    3a/3b mix
    5 year HG's:
    -L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture creme
    -Ouidad Climate Control gel
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good for you!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Glad to hear you've been doing okay. That tattoo sounds really cool, I'd love to see pics! ;)

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can't wait to see picks. Glad you're doing ok. I've been thinking about you.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The meaning behind your tattoo is wonderful. I'm glad you have such a strong network of support.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm glad to hear that you're doing alright. I'd love to see a pic of the tattoo too!
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,770Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You've been on my mind, also. I still tear up when I think about what you & your family have been thru. I think about you everytime I hug my 5 year old grandson. I can't imagine the heartbreak. Good for you on the tattoo. I'm not a tattoo person, but I do understand why you got it. How are you & your family doing? I'm sure the holidays are especially hard. Please know that we are here for you & you are not forgotten.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Thats lovely SC...made me tear up a bit :)

Hows your Mom doing?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    hey girl, welcome back. :)

im not a fan of tats on girls as good looking as you, but i really like the symbolism.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad to hear you're doing well. How's your mom?
    I like the symbolism of the tat, very special. I'm glad you are at the point of remembering the good times, and hopefully past the worst of it. I've been thinking of you too. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file