cuts cuts cuts cuts cuts cuts cuts!!!

whoaitsalexiswhoaitsalexis Registered Users Posts: 1
Alright so my hair used to be really curly and thick, like perfect ringlets. Now its much much thinner, the curls are pretty but I don’t know, my hair is almost straight underneath and the back is way curlier than the rest making it shorter. I don’t know what cut I should get. I have a side bang type thing now but the rest of my hair is just blah and crazy at the same time. I think I’m 3a. Can anyone tell me what type of cut would be good for my hair? --Thank you!:hippy2:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair sounds kind of like mine. Except my curls have gotten much tighter since using natural products and soap bars. I wear an inverted bob at different lengths.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    Alright so my hair used to be really curly and thick, like perfect ringlets. Now its much much thinner, the curls are pretty but I don’t know, my hair is almost straight underneath and the back is way curlier than the rest making it shorter. I don’t know what cut I should get. I have a side bang type thing now but the rest of my hair is just blah and crazy at the same time. I think I’m 3a. Can anyone tell me what type of cut would be good for my hair? --Thank you!:hippy2:

My hair tends to be curlier in the back and straighter in the front as well. Mine is long, about halfway down my back, and layered throughout. I also have side-swept bangs. When my hair gets too straight near my face, it means it is time for a haircut so those sections can be re-layered/shortened.

If you go to Ouidad's website, they talk about a special kind of cut called "carving and slicing" wherein the layers lay on top of one another without creating a pyramid effect. But Ouidad's cuts are really expensive, and they have very few salons around the country. I discussed it with my hair stylist in Chicago (Mario Tricoci trained) and she did something very similar with my hair, which she called "texturizing."

I then moved to DC and found a Deva-trained stylist who said it was a good basic cut and basically just gave me a trim, following the same lines. I was very pleased with the results. It was also much more affordable than a Ouidad cut would have been. So maybe you can look for a Deva stylist in your area, and if not, bring the info from the Ouidad website into your stylist and ask if they can duplicate it. A great cut makes all the difference -- good products can only take you so far...

Good luck! :love7:
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file