If you could take 3 months off from work.....

chicagocurly78chicagocurly78 Posts: 463Registered Users
Would you take off during the winter months, or the summer?

As much as I'd love to have Spring/Summer off, I think I would rather take the winter off because I hate going out in the cold. I don't like the slush, etc.

Comments

• NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    If I could travel, I would take the winter off.
    If not, then the summer (June-August.)
    In the winter I would get to bored and depressed if I had to not work.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Definitely summer, June through August. Then I could spend time developing and working in a real garden with lots of flowers. I could travel more too. I do hate having to drive to work when it's snowing, but I'd much rather have time off when the weather is warm.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    I did maternity leave w/ my first in the spring/summer and with my second now through Jan. I prefer the spring summer because being couped up inside is driving me nuts.
    hello.world.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I took a 2 months sabbatical last year, in the spring late April to early June.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • VanedaVaneda Posts: 402Registered Users
    Winter for sure. Would love to stay home and hibernate during the months of January, February and March. I hate driving during those months.
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Definitely summer. There's nothing to do here in the winter.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Winter! And I'd travel.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,770Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Summers here are brutal & our winters are beautiful. If I couldn't go anywhere else, then I would choose to take time off in the winter. I'd sit in the hot tub each morning & watch everyone else leave for work. I'd build myself a fire & sip on baileys and coffee. The afternoons would be spent shopping, going to the zoo & the park with my grandchildren.

If I could afford to travel, then I would take the Summer off & go somewhere else where the Summers are nice.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I know it wasn't an option, but late summer, early fall. Enjoy some of the summer activities when it's still nice during the summer, then visit the places which are usually packed during the fall when folks are at work and school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file