CurlTalk

Jamaican Black Castor Oil

lovingmycurls01lovingmycurls01 Posts: 219Registered Users
How are you guys using it?
Big Chop OCT 2008

Products:

IC Fantasia Gel/ mixed with olive oil ( I put it in myself)
H20 spritzes
Karens Body Beautiful Hair Milk
Jamaican black castor oil
DevaCare One Condition
DevaCare No Poo
DeVaCurl Heaven In Hair
KBB Hair Milk
KBB Hair Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flovingmycurls01%2F" class="Popup
pw: curls

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Flovingmycurls01" class="Popup

I'm learning so much from you naturally curly ladies. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    as a scalp oil and moisture seal. I use regular castor oil though.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    I use regular Walgreen's Castor Oil

I co-wash, leave-in conditioner, then part my hair in two and apply the castor oil throughout my hair. I style and go.

It usually looks kinda :blah5:but when it dries.. beautiful curls! And the best part is I get 2nd hair day and my hair feels real good.

I bought the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and for some reason it doesn't work the same. Others swear by it though. I hated it and will not purchase it again. :sad5:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• sweetmx85sweetmx85 Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    Im not to sure about jamacian castor oil but today i was able to get some regular castor oil from the health food store for my ends.
    my blog
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlygirlie85.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsophiams85.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lovingmycurls01lovingmycurls01 Posts: 219Registered Users
    Thank you ladies. I will now be applying it to my scalp. I will see how this Jamaican CO works and then try the regular one to see which one I like the best. Thanks again ladies.
    Big Chop OCT 2008

Products:

IC Fantasia Gel/ mixed with olive oil ( I put it in myself)
    H20 spritzes
    Karens Body Beautiful Hair Milk
    Jamaican black castor oil
    DevaCare One Condition
    DevaCare No Poo
    DeVaCurl Heaven In Hair
    KBB Hair Milk
    KBB Hair Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flovingmycurls01%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Flovingmycurls01" class="Popup

I'm learning so much from you naturally curly ladies. Thanks so much.
  • eyesthatlieeyesthatlie Posts: 261Registered Users
    Is anyone still using this? How do you use it?
  • april-epiphanyapril-epiphany Posts: 345Registered Users

I mix wal-mart c.o with my leave in either sheamoisture, gvp the detangler, or h.e long term relationship leave in. it helped a lot when my hair was short it always gave me 2nd day hair but now that I can pineapple I actually think it's helping my hair grow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return-Frida Kahlo
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    I love Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I don't use it to seal since it's really thick but I do use it for overnight oiling before applying my ayurvedic herb paste. I also use it in my conditioner when deep conditioning. Lastly, I use it on my scalp every two days. It has given me good hair growth. :thumbleft:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    so far I've only used it in a spritz for my braids and I mix it with afroveda shikakai oil for my scalp. I used it to seal the ends of my hair once, but really haven't used it on loose hair yet.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Posts: 516Registered Users
    I use JBCO mixed with Brahmi oil on my scalp every 2 days as well as my edges. I mix the JBCO, Avocado oil and Brahmi oil together and use this mixture to seal my WnG.
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11:
  • actionstaractionstar Posts: 17Registered Users
    I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know how to find out what local stores carry it, besides calling everywhere? I went to Sam's website and it's backordered and the shipping is just as much as the product :(. I was looking for a store locater button, but couldn't find one.

I live in the Bay Area of California. *fingers crossed
  • alidanalidan Posts: 111Registered Users
    I use it only to lightly oil and massage my scalp, I have low porosity so it just sits on my hair if I use it to seal.
    Rock your own style, dance to your own beat
    BC'ed on 12/19/09, transitioned 9 month 12 days and loving every Minute.
    Products LOVES:
    SheaMoisture CES, Ecostyle OO, Long Aid gel, castor, Olive & jojoba oil, Shea butter, V05 Strawberry, Cream Of Nature Argan Oil treatment, Crece Pelo, Silicon Mix, NuNATT, Karite masque.

Products lines I would love to try: Miss Jessie's, KBB , Qhemets and Hairveda.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAntiguancurlygirl" class="Popup
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Actionstar. Look for any island store. Jamaician, Trini, Dominica...etc. I found a lovely thick yellow castor oil in the Indian store. I love castor oil and castor oil blends.
  • retromariretromari Posts: 79Registered Users
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Natural since May 2009
    Goal: Thick Hair. Healthy Hair. BIG Hair!

The reason I begged my mom for a relaxer back in the 90's:
    PCJ No Lye Relaxer commericals !
  • actionstaractionstar Posts: 17Registered Users
    Actionstar. Look for any island store. Jamaician, Trini, Dominica...etc. I found a lovely thick yellow castor oil in the Indian store. I love castor oil and castor oil blends.

I found two places in Oakland, CA. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    actionstar wrote: »

I found two places in Oakland, CA. Thanks for the suggestion!

I knew I should've never moved out of the bay lol

Where are the stores you found? I can ask my sis to get me some and ship it to me since shipping from these companies is outrageous. IF anyone knows of a place in Seattle or in neighboring cities, please do tell
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Scalp for Growth Enhancer and weak edges and breakage in spots, Moisture Rentention and Sealant and Ends care.
  • naturalhair and skinproductsnaturalhair and skinproducts Posts: 2Registered Users
    i mix it with other oils to do a hot oil treatment and it is available in the uk at

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalhairandskinproducts.com%2Fpage3.htm" class="Popup
  • MslizziaMslizzia Posts: 600Registered Users
    I use it to seal my ends because its so thick it just turns frizzy ends to butter. My ends have improved TREMENDOUSLY since i started doing this.
  • lisabrown070109lisabrown070109 Posts: 205Registered Users
    i used it today and it seems to make my hair curlier when i used it with the conditioner in it..did'nt seem to need that much gel:headbang:
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I use caster oil from the drug store, I have been looking online to see what the difference is and the only thing I've found is the price. I don't oil my scalp because I have seborrheic dermatitis, but I take about a palm full or 2 and rub through my hair after shampooing and before conditioning, I rub it through while under the warm water from the shower, to make sure I get it evenly distributed.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 348Registered Users

I mix wal-mart c.o with my leave in either sheamoisture, gvp the detangler, or h.e long term relationship leave in. it helped a lot when my hair was short it always gave me 2nd day hair but now that I can pineapple I actually think it's helping my hair grow

I'm diggin your pic can we see more?
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    I'm also wondering if there is truly a difference with the results of regular v. black castor oil... I use the regular kind for scalp massages and mixing with conditioner.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • 4bcurlygirl4bcurlygirl Posts: 123Registered Users
    I just joined in on a castor oil challenge. It started yesterday 4/15/10 and ends 7/15/10. If you're interested you can go to the site below for all of the details. Wish me luck!!! :)/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairlista.com%2Fgroup%2Fcastoroilchallengepart4" class="Popup
  • NaturallyNikéNaturallyNiké Posts: 364Registered Users
    I LOVE JBCO!!! I like regular CO, but JBCO works better...I use it mix with EVOO to seal, and I have it mix with MT, to message it into my scalp every other day....
    Niké (Nee-Kay):nike:

My world of curls
    2hchy5z.jpg3C/4A,Fine-Meduim,Thick, Lo Porosity

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flilnicka4u2nv%2F" class="Popup

Leave-in/Moisturizer: Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Sealants:EVOO, JBCO, Crisco
    DC:Matrix Condtioning Balm,Giovanni SAS,Honey, Glycerin
    Shampoo:Dr.Bronner's Castile soap bar
    Styler: Flaxseed,DM Miracurl, SheaMoist Smoothie, OYH S&D
  • psthomaspsthomas Posts: 1Registered Users
    You are not gonna find it at any store, it has to be ordered from the website. I looked all over for it myself
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    psthomas wrote: »
    You are not gonna find it at any store, it has to be ordered from the website. I looked all over for it myself
    Actually that just depends on where you live and look. There are many beuaty supply stores that sell it and store that carry certain Caribbean products. The webites for the companies that distribute the JBCO tell you where it can be purchased on the ground.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • sullidaysulliday Posts: 25Registered Users
    I can find jamaican black castor oil locally and don't have to order online and pay for shipment. I purchase my bottle from a beauty supply store and some health food stores sell it albeit for a bit more.

I used both drug store refined castor oil and jamaican black castor oil. The refined drug store brand is alright. I prefer black castor oil. My hair feels soft and moisturized.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    sulliday wrote: »
    I can find jamaican black castor oil locally and don't have to order online and pay for shipment. I purchase my bottle from a beauty supply store and some health food stores sell it albeit for a bit more.

I used both drug store refined castor oil and jamaican black castor oil. The refined drug store brand is alright. I prefer black castor oil. My hair feels soft and moisturized.
    +1
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    Had to revive this thread. I just ordered some JBCO. The site I bought it from says to massage scalp with it, leave overnight, and wash the next day or to use it as a hot oil treatment. I use my regular Castor oil mixed in conditioner to detangle and then seal with jojoba. Any other ideas on how I can use it for maximum growth?
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I use it mixed with shea butter, evoo, jojoba oil etc for a homemade butter. My recipe is similar to UrbanBushbabes Love Potion # 9 recipe.