How was your Thanksgiving?

TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
Well?...

To but mine shortly mines was a Natural/Curly Bash Fest but the food was delicious and I enjoyed the company of my cousins, so I guess it was okay:-|.
:coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I had a great Thanksgiving. My best friend and I cooked and the four of us (our husbands) ate and drank and hung out all day. They're like family, and I couldn't have pictured a better way to spend Thanksgiving.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,770Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Great! We had the fireplace going, food was good & we all had fun together.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • SarahMarieSarahMarie Posts: 901Registered Users
    I also had a great Thanksgiving! I got to hang out with my family, including my sister, who is back from college for just a few days. I love my sister and was very happy to see her!
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Terrible.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Mine was great - I would've asked for cooler temps and less humidity, but seriously? I can't complain TOO much about that! :)

I missed my family, of course, but I had fun with my husband's family, and the food was awesome. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It was nice. I'm always glad when my baby gets to spend time with his great-grandparents. Who knows how much longer they'll be around, so I always like to take advantage of the times they visit.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • RichardHeadRichardHead Banned Posts: 629Banned Users
    Terrible. My parents invited too many people over and they took home all the leftovers. I only got one lousy plate to take home. :angry4:
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    I liked prev. Thanksgivings when it was just my SO and myself, making whatever we want.

I'm a Thanksgiving Scrooge. I like the actual holiday, except the obligations, family stuff, and every food dish associated with it.

Next year--Nachos with homeade guac and lots of Coronas...
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Mine was great! We spent the afternoon with my mom's family and ate dinner there. Then we spent the rest of the night with my dad's family.

I love both sides, so it was a good day. :)

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • .patience..patience. Posts: 537Registered Users
    LOVED IT!
    especially since my SO and i were just going to stay home and eat whatever was in the fridge for thanksgiving.
    instead he suggested we take advange of the lowered gas prices and make the 6 hour drive down to louisiana to spend thanksgiving with my family. i was against it because our funds have been tight this month, but he talked me into it and i'm SO GLAD he did!

so, we drove down that wednesday evening and drove back thursday evening. we got home a bit after 4 this morning. :sad1:
    that part wasn't fun, but he had to be to work for all the crazed shopping on Black Friday.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    We were over at my aunt's house [mom's sis]. It turned out better than expected.

My folks didn't show up & we didn't get time to go over there since we had to go to hubby's side of the fam & ended up missing most of them as well.

I still haven't talked to my folks. Boy, X-mas should be interesting...not...

Hubby still hasn't told me what he wants to do...I'm in a no win situation here & I think he feels the same way...I will do what I need to/have to for my child, tho... :-|
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Amazing - truly. My ENTIRE family (parents, sibs, nieces, nephews and their kids, my kids and my SO). Everyone pitched in to cook. Bought beer, wine, scotch, vodka and tequila that no one touched because we were too busy eating and laughing and playing.

Perfect day:)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file