leave ins/heavy conditioner?

kebbbx3kebbbx3 Registered Users Posts: 19
Okay, so when I put conditioner on my hair I don't rinse it out I just leave it in my hair and it works great. Do I still need leave in conditioner as well? If so, what would you reccomend?

Oh and also, i've heard that using a heavy conditioner helps weigh your hair down and make it less poofy. What heavy conditioner would you reccomend?

Yeah, I'm asking a lot of questions but you don't have to answer all of them (:

Thank you!
confused

Comments

• mpgirlmpgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,163
    Not sure about your hair texture or porosity, but if you don't rinse out your conditioner, then I would not use a leave-in. You can over condition and create new problems with your hair.

I use the Suave and VO5 conditioners to detangle and cowash. I will occasionally use CHS's conditioner or KBB HM for a deeper conditioner, but my hair just doesn't need that much conditioner anymore. I have been a modified CG for about a year and my hair's health is pretty good right now.

Maybe someone else will jump in on the heavier conditioners.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Registered Users Posts: 295
    ok,

I am not opposed to using a leave-in if you find one that you really like, but I have always thought of leave-ins as watered down versions of regular conditioner anyway, therefore you are just adding more of the conditioner you just left in in the shower, so if your hair already looks great after just leaving in the conditioner from your shower, save your money and just keep doing what you are doing. I don't think leave-ins add anything that you can't get from a regular conditioner left in, but if you find one that is fantastic and you can't live without then by all means use it. I apply organic coconut oil scrunched in the ends of my hair because I have dry ends after my hair is dry, like you I just add regular conditioner to my hair and leave it in and it works great.

I see on your signature twisting works great, I haven't had much luck with it do you have any pics you could post? would love to see your hair after the twisting, thanks
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • cyncurl999cyncurl999 Registered Users Posts: 58
    I use Kenra as my heavy condition on the days I "wash" - basically rinse and scrub thoroughly with clean water - then comb the Kenra in (a good palmful) and then I use Elucence everyday as a leave-in conditioner on the days I don't wash - about a nickel size dollop. I do not have an issue with my hair being weighted down (I want it to be!) and I have fine hair. I "wash" my hair about every 4 - 5 days.
    Kenra can be bought at salons and Elucence can be bought on-line.
    For quite awhile I used the Suave coconut for my daily leave in but it doesn'twork as well as the Elucence. I use so little that I'm willing to pay the $$ for the nicer conditioners.
    Good luck!
    3B / fine / shoulder length
    primarily CG since 01/2004
    Products:
    CO wash: just clear water and scrubbing
    Conditioner: Joico Moisturizer / Elucence Moisture Balance
    Leave in conditioner: Elucence
    style: Aura hypoallergenic gel mixed with FOTE AVG
    must haves: duckbill clips and cold shot on blow dryer

Not using shampoo or cones in my hair has changed my life!
  • Hermoineâ„¢Hermoineâ„¢ Banned Banned Users Posts: 93
    kebbbx3 wrote: »
    Okay, so when I put conditioner on my hair I don't rinse it out I just leave it in my hair and it works great. Do I still need leave in conditioner as well? If so, what would you reccomend?

Oh and also, i've heard that using a heavy conditioner helps weigh your hair down and make it less poofy. What heavy conditioner would you reccomend?

Yeah, I'm asking a lot of questions but you don't have to answer all of them (:

Thank you!

If your regimen ‘t’aint’ broke don’t fix it.

It sounds like you have a regimen that works great for you. A lot of people like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]elucence mbc[/buylink] as well. If you just want to try something a little different that won’t really weigh your hair down, try pure jojoba oil or the jojoba + water spritz.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file