Winter shoe recs

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Can anyone rec some good shoes to get for the cold weather? I have lots of flats that are cute but not warm enough. I can't wear my Uggs every day, although I can wear them to work as it's very casual. But the wool lining gives me "rug burn" on the soles of my feet after two days of 9-hour wear.

What kind of shoes do you have that are fairly stylish, comfy and WARM?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'd love an answer to this too. I often catch the bus home in the afternoon and it's about a 5-7 min walk from my office, half of which is not on a sidewalk. It will be interesting this winter. Anyway, I've been looking for a few weeks and they are either too wide and too short or WAY too long AND too wide....basically, everything is too wide. I can always gets some really thick socks to wear with them, but I'd like some cute ones that fit that are not an arm and a leg to buy. I also want them to be closer to the knee as some of the road might not be plowed well....
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Is changing shoes after the commute an option?

I wear sandals most of the winter, so can't give you appropriate REAL winter weather/stylish ideas. In college I was completely in love with my gore tex boots. They were AWESOME for keeping my feet warm while trekking through snow and ice. I'd recommend something like that for commute, and nice normal shoes to switch into in the office. But I'm a total snow/ice klutz and like avoiding bruised backsides more than looking stylish while wandering around!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    Oh definitely. I have some lovely 'granny boots' that I wear in colder weather, but would never subject them to the walk. I'll check into those...I'm not that concerned about the 'style' as keeping my feet warm. They can be cold year round anyway....I've been known to wear wool socks around the house in the summer...withOUT the a/c on so....they just get cold.

I'll check those out...thanks much for the suggestion.

Of course, I could just get the car fixed....;D
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If anyone has recs for cold, but not snowy, weather, that'd be great. I have Uggs for the snow.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • YomYom Posts: 1,146Registered Users Curl Novice
    Red Wings!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Modified CG since 08/10/2007
    http://public.fotki.com/Curly-Y/ (updated september 6)
    pw: currrly
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used to have some Munro shoes that were made for winter. They were leather with a warm lining. Those shoes were so warm when I was outside, but not unbearable inside.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Phoenix wrote: »
    If anyone has recs for cold, but not snowy, weather, that'd be great. I have Uggs for the snow.

How deep is the snow and how hard to keep them reasonably clean? I plan on trying on my niece's when we see them tomorrow.

s-event.png

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wear Dansko clogs all winter (oh, who am I kidding...I wear them all spring, summer, and fall too). Comfy for walking or standing. They're warm enough because the thick sole insulates me from the ground (and gives me some height), yet I consider them "flats". And I think they're really cute.

3034-44681-d.jpg

3279-451463-d.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    susancnw wrote: »
    Phoenix wrote: »

How deep is the snow and how hard to keep them reasonably clean? I plan on trying on my niece's when we see them tomorrow.

How deep is the snow...that I wear my Uggs in? Not very deep snow, as my Uggs are the ones that come up to not quite midcalf height.

They are also still very clean although I haven't cleaned them even once. I've had them for near 20 years, the tan color not the lighter beige.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

RCW - those are CUTE. And yeah, I think I'd consider them flats too...I've got a pair of black clogs that I love for year round, but being clogs, snow gets in the back.

Phoenix, I would like a darker tan too...I can't remember how deep the snow gets on the street outside the office....darn.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file