Please indulge me 3A or not I need to know

maisiemugwumpmaisiemugwump Registered Users Posts: 89
Hi Ladies

I have been a member of this site for over six months now and have posted on occasions but as yet have been tooooo embarassed to post any pics. So here goes and if anyone would care to hazard a guess at whether I am a 3a or not I would be really really grateful

Thanks ladies :) sorry about the size but it has taken me allllll night to figure out how to get them on here in the first place:cry:
Maisiemugwump 3A

Mod CG

Low Poo Skin shop Dry Scalp shampoo and conditioner ..

Leave in Anita Grant Whipped Butter
Styling Boots Curl Creme, AVG ,CK Anita Grant Cafe Latte .

Wanting to try EVERYTHING lol ok Donna Marie Honey and Aloe Gel, KCCC, KCKT KBB leave in conditioner

Occasionally using Rhassoul Clay :angel5:

Comments

• NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    You look like you're probably 3a to me. Waves are more 2D and your hair looks like it is 3D - some slight spiraling. It's not tight curls, though, so looks 3a to me! From the tiny pics, it looks very pretty!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    I'd say 3a with some 2c in there.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • maisiemugwumpmaisiemugwump Registered Users Posts: 89
    I'd say 3a with some 2c in there.
    Many thanks for taking the time to look and reply I value all opinions. Now I just need to get the scalp under control and try to get more curls :toothy4:
    Maisiemugwump 3A

Mod CG

Wanting to try EVERYTHING lol ok Donna Marie Honey and Aloe Gel, KCCC, KCKT KBB leave in conditioner

• maisiemugwumpmaisiemugwump Registered Users Posts: 89
    NetG wrote: »
    You look like you're probably 3a to me. Waves are more 2D and your hair looks like it is 3D - some slight spiraling. It's not tight curls, though, so looks 3a to me! From the tiny pics, it looks very pretty!
    I hadn't even heard of 2d will go and look that type up as well many thanks for your commets I appreciate the feedback. Will keep on trying to get it curlier if only the scalp would clear up :sad5:
    Maisiemugwump 3A

Mod CG

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    NetG wrote: »
    I hadn't even heard of 2d will go and look that type up as well many thanks for your commets I appreciate the feedback. Will keep on trying to get it curlier if only the scalp would clear up :sad5:

First time I've seen "D" referred to in hair typing??? NetG, where would we read information about that?
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LouisianaLeighLouisianaLeigh Registered Users Posts: 211
    fairly sure she meant 2-d as in 2-dimensional. as opposed to 3-dimensional curl patterns.
    wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
    embracing the waves since 10/20/08
    my hair loves protein and hates jojoba oil, my scalp hates propylene glycol, my face hates silicones.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    fairly sure she meant 2-d as in 2-dimensional. as opposed to 3-dimensional curl patterns.

Yep. Thanks for translating ;)

Type 2 waves only go left/right or up/down, whereas type 3s are 3-dimensional in their shape. :)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, hadn't thought of it that way. With the a/b/c curl types--and the discussions about adding a mid type for those who were between "3a" and "3b," I thought I might have missed something!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file