Black Friday

laurelllaurell Registered Users Posts: 19
I was just wondering if the curlmart was going to have a black friday sale!

Comments

  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
    I got an email from curlmart today with a 10% off special for the holiday. 10% - is that all? We all know that if we do a little homework we can find all of these products for a better deal at other sites - often with free shipping promotions. I like to support nc.com as much as the next curly gal, but come on guys - give us a real sale!
    Just to make my point, I also got an email from Karen's Body Beautiful with 25% off everything in the store - now that is enough incentive to actually make a purchase. :thumright:
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews



  • starg2008starg2008 Registered Users Posts: 219
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    I got an email from curlmart today with a 10% off special for the holiday. 10% - is that all? We all know that if we do a little homework we can find all of these products for a better deal at other sites - often with free shipping promotions. I like to support nc.com as much as the next curly gal, but come on guys - give us a real sale!
    Just to make my point, I also got an email from Karen's Body Beautiful with 25% off everything in the store - now that is enough incentive to actually make a purchase. :thumright:
    I feel you girl.
  • YayiYayi Registered Users Posts: 90
    here, I found this coupon for 20% off.it works...hope it helps!

    IVILLAGE
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    I got an email from curlmart today with a 10% off special for the holiday. 10% - is that all? We all know that if we do a little homework we can find all of these products for a better deal at other sites - often with free shipping promotions. I like to support nc.com as much as the next curly gal, but come on guys - give us a real sale!
    Just to make my point, I also got an email from Karen's Body Beautiful with 25% off everything in the store - now that is enough incentive to actually make a purchase. :thumright:

    You're singing to the choir! I really, really want to support Curlmart but I can never justify the price. I've found many products for less even with Curlmart's 10% coupon applied.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I am not certain about this, but perhaps CurlMart sales help to support the costs of running the NC.com site? If that's the case, then I will happily take the 10% discount, because the NC.com community is a great resource! I agree that there are better discounts elsewhere at on Black Friday and at various times during the year. It would be great if we knew that CurlMart would offer a once (or twice) per year mega-discount (20-25%), so we can plan to stock up on things -- surely there would still be profit to CurlMart on the products and the increased volume in sales could compensate for the larger discount offered. JMO.
    Location: Texas
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
    It's usually the other way around. This forum generates a massive amount of business for Curlmart. Forums don't take that much effort to manage, once they are set up everything pretty much runs on auto, just the occasional maintenance, upgrades, and moderation. Maintaining all the advertising probably takes more time than anything else - and the advertising is usually where the profit comes from with a forum - the store is additional profit. This is not a non-profit business either, so I'm sure a decent sale to support the members wouldn't do them in, lol.
    curls2grow wrote: »
    I am not certain about this, but perhaps CurlMart sales help to support the costs of running the NC.com site? If that's the case, then I will happily take the 10% discount, because the NC.com community is a great resource! I agree that there are better discounts elsewhere at on Black Friday and at various times during the year. It would be great if we knew that CurlMart would offer a once (or twice) per year mega-discount (20-25%), so we can plan to stock up on things -- surely there would still be profit to CurlMart on the products and the increased volume in sales could compensate for the larger discount offered. JMO.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews



  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    The forum appears to be largely ad driven and forum participants probably drive most of Curlmarts sales with all the enabling that goes on. Other very small businesses reap the benefits of giving me a decent deal. I spent $100 over the past week on hair products on other online sites. Nothing would please me more than giving those sales to Curlmart but I really can't justify the cost.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
    hmkenny wrote: »
    The forum appears to be largely ad driven and forum participants probably drive most of Curlmarts sales with all the enabling that goes on. Other very small businesses reap the benefits of giving me a decent deal. I spent $100 over the past week on hair products on other online sites. Nothing would please me more than giving those sales to Curlmart but I really can't justify the cost.

    Exactly.

    The little bit they give up on each sale item is heavily outweighed by the increase in volume = increase in revenue. It's marketing 101. That's why every business out there that has any form of competition has regular sales events.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews



Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file