This so frustrating!!

oK heres the skinny. im CG now. my hair has been parted down the middle into two braids, i have been wearing my hair like that for 2 weeks. ive noticed that that is part of the reason why my curls keep getting so straight and lifeless.

yesterday, i put a ton of vo5 herbal escapes (i think peach or mango) conditioner. i put ALOT in my hair. but i didnt comb or brush it out. my hair felt smoother than before though. i also wore my hair down.

then, again with th braiding thing, at night for going to bed I usually braid my hair and put a scarf on it, but i told myself i wasnt gonna braid it for a long time until i got my curls back. so i wore it in a loose bun.

today, this morning, it was TANGLEDER THAN A MUG. it was soo LIFELESS, and tangled. ive only been using this vo5 for like 3 days!!!! could it be too much protein? my curls used to be so big and clump. also i stopped using my hair brush today. instead i used a wide tooth comb, and it looked even worse. ALOT OF MY HAIR CAME OUT TODAY, SO EASILY. IM KINDA SCARED. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY CURLS.

i thought about straightening my hair like tommrow or something. to get it untangled, so the next time i wash it it wont be so tangled. i dont even know anymore. this is so annoying.

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    How long have you been CG? What else are you using?

Limp and lifeless sounds more like overconditioned than anything with proteins. Give it some time, use less conditioner, detangle in the shower, experiment with plopping after your wash and pinappling instead of braiding at night.

There's many more experienced people than me who can give you more advice. It stinks to adjust, but just try and be patient and don't revert to straightening and forcing it into an unnatural shape. If you aren't happy with it yet, try just putting it up in a scunchy.
  • Curly GurlyCurly Gurly Registered Users Posts: 42
    Laura Lee wrote: »

Limp and lifeless sounds more like overconditioned than anything with proteins. Give it some time, use less conditioner, detangle in the shower, experiment with plopping after your wash and pinappling instead of braiding at night.

There's many more experienced people than me who can give you more advice. It stinks to adjust, but just try and be patient and don't revert to straightening and forcing it into an unnatural shape. If you aren't happy with it yet, try just putting it up in a scunchy.

thanks for responding! :D ive been CG for three days, but i didnt think my hair would mess up since i already used shampoo once a week. shampoo has never been a daily thing for me. now that i think of it i kinda do over condition. am i supposed to be putting condish in my hair everyday? i also use giovanni direct leave in.

how do you pineapple?
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    Laura Lee wrote: »

thanks for responding! :D ive been CG for three days, but i didnt think my hair would mess up since i already used shampoo once a week. shampoo has never been a daily thing for me. now that i think of it i kinda do over condition. am i supposed to be putting condish in my hair everyday? i also use giovanni direct leave in.

how do you pineapple?

Every day may be a little much, especially if your hair wasn't dried out from shampooing every day to begin with. I'm only washing once every 2-3 days. The second day hair looks great at this point (I've been CG for almost a month) but the third day hair is ugly most of the time. I just put the third day hair up and deal with it because I don't wanna over condition

Pineappling is taking your hair and putting it up in a loose scrunchie on top of your hair overnight (think Pebbles from the flintstones). It needs to be loose so you don't get that crease mark in your hair the next day. When you take it down in the morning, scrunch some water into it or spray some curly refresher on it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file