PHYTHO

followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
Hello!

Has any one tried phyto products? I have been reading the products are natural - but wanted to hear reviews on these prdoucts...

They are not cheap but they must be good , no?
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    They are very expensive. I didn't find them anything special. I use natural products that I really like that I like a lot better and are much more reasonably priced.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormstorm Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    They are mainy natural but i spotted a 'cone or 2 in their conditoner or cream ..mineral oil too i think(Parrafium liquidum)
  • stingostingo Posts: 124Registered Users
    ...and parabens, if I remember correctly (but I may be wrong). A few years ago, however, I used to really like their sun/beach products for hair (Phytoplage)--they were very nice for dry hair (and yes, expensive). I think I used the after-sun styling gel and the protective veil. Don't know their ingredients, though, and their website doesn't list them (seemed like a lot of oils but don't know what else).

Oh, almost forgot. There was one thing I used quite a lot in pre-CG days, and that was their volumizing spray. It made my hair feel thicker and denser if sprayed at the root on damp hair. It has proteins and one water-soluble (PEG) cone (I've looked recently). I still have an almost full spray bottle at home! So funny I almost forgot about it. Haven't really needed it since going CG, though, but might try it again when my hair gets limp or overconditioned or smth. Not really a 'staple' in my current routine, though, as you can see.
    Fia 2c?, F/Mii, porous, below shoulder; Mod.CG since 08/08
    Occasional no/low-poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; KBB Juicy bar; Soap of Alep
    Co-wash: Inecto Coconut; Enliven Raspberry; other local cond.
    Rinse-out & leave-in: KBB Milk
    [If] Styling: KCCC; avocado oil or KBB Butter to STCO
    2nd day: pineapple; KBB Milk+water spray
    Deep Cond.: Inecto Coconut; KBB LLHMask
    Scalp massages: Jessicurl Scalp Oil; avocado+rosemary oils
    Daily battle: my fussy scalp (just started Nizoral :()
  • followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • stingostingo Posts: 124Registered Users
    Hi followmesky,

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] stands for [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/buylink] (a styling product that many curlies on this board recommend).

KCKT stands for Kinky Curly Knot Today (a leave-in conditioner that is designed to work with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]).

They're natural and many say that they are their styling Holy-Grail (hence my own curiosity). Haven't received them yet.

An update on Phyto Volumizing Spray: I looked at it again and its first ingredient is Alcohol Denat. BAD. (Drying.) I'd say--if by any chance you already have it--use it sparingly and with caution (and only at the roots) if your hair is dry. I can't believe I haven't noticed that before (I was only looking for cones, ignoring the rest...)

Cheers,:rendeer:
    Fia 2c?, F/Mii, porous, below shoulder; Mod.CG since 08/08
    Occasional no/low-poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; KBB Juicy bar; Soap of Alep
    Co-wash: Inecto Coconut; Enliven Raspberry; other local cond.
    Rinse-out & leave-in: KBB Milk
    [If] Styling: KCCC; avocado oil or KBB Butter to STCO
    2nd day: pineapple; KBB Milk+water spray
    Deep Cond.: Inecto Coconut; KBB LLHMask
    Scalp massages: Jessicurl Scalp Oil; avocado+rosemary oils
    Daily battle: my fussy scalp (just started Nizoral :()
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    Ive used five different pdts by them, purchased after the stylist used them on my hair. They seemed to work WAY better at the salon.

I had the Phytospecific Integral haircare which is supposed to do God knows what...but you spray it on before the leave-in. For the leave-in part, I would use the styling balm and this anti frizz stuff, mixed together. I also have two hair/scalp treatments to use on a weekly basis http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P6039&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5332 and http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P130243&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5332. The treatments are supposed applied to dry hair, then wash it, which didnt seem effective at all...and is hard to apply on thicker hair. This brand is best used by professionals, dont waster your money. Ive heard good reviews on their relaxer though.
    J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file