Deva recommendations in North Carolina

JenniKSJenniKS Posts: 203Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've read the reviews that the search gave me on the two Deva stylist in North Carolina, April and Joy. I'm wondering if anyone had an update on either of these two? Were you satisfied weeks later with your cut? Would you still recommend them? TIA :)
Jenn- 3A
My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    I went to April up in Cornelius.. I liked my cut and she's very sweet. And.... she's VERY reasonable priced.
    I think I paid 47$.
    I've never gone to Joy.. I hear she's good also. Kinda pricey.

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • saricurlsaricurl Posts: 121Registered Users
    I saw April and I still like my cut a lot. In fact, it's been at least 2 months and I haven't needed to go back except for bang trims, which she does for $5. I'd definitely still recommend her.
    3b with a little 3a
    Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
    Leave-In: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
    Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

• JenniKSJenniKS Posts: 203Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both for your replies! I was leaning towards April, so I'll definitely try to make an appt with her. It's over an hour drive and I'm anticipating it'll be worth it. Thanks so much :)
    Jenn- 3A
    My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yep.... It took me about an hour!
    I'm in South East Charlotte. Where abouts are you?

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • JenniKSJenniKS Posts: 203Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep.... It took me about an hour!
    I'm in South East Charlotte. Where abouts are you?

In Trinity, just south of High Point, near I85. The address has her listed in Charlotte, but on the map, it shows her near Cornelius. It's about 70 miles away from me. I will be checking to see if she works on Saturdays :)
    Jenn- 3A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You should PM Saricurl.. she can give you more detailed directions if you need them.
    And don't forget to tell us how it went! :geek:

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    im in NC too! where are april and joy (what salon)? i may need to give them a visit...
    April is at:
    South Mane hair and Nail Design in Cornelius (Lake Norman) 704.896.3343

Joy is at Joyfully something or other.. I've never been and I don't remember the name..
    I think she's on Sardis Road? Or is it Monroe Rd.?
    I'm almost certain there are reviews in the CurlSalon section.

I paid about 47$ for my cut.
    I think Joy is double that.

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    thanks!
  • cakesnjammomcakesnjammom Posts: 47Registered Users
    Joy cut my hair today...a DevaCut and consultation! She is wonderful...she takes tons of time to show you how to apply everything and she really does an awesome job. I really recommend her...yes she is more expensive than others report for the other stylist in town (Cornelius) but it is really more than a "hair-cut" she learned straight from Lorraine Massey and her crew!!! She knows her stuff! If you are in South Charlotte you are missing out. I will post pics soon! And yes she is on Monroe Road at Sharon Aminity. Her cuts usually last quite awhile!
    http://joyfullycurly.com/index.html
    3B w/ some 3C
    Normal porosity, medium texture, dense, high elasticity
    Co-wash Suave Naturals Coconut
    Deva Curl One Condition (DCOC)
    Leave in DCOC
    LA Looks Sport Gel #10
    Homemade Version of DC Set It Free
  • curlysharon816curlysharon816 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Does anyone know if there is a curly hairstylist closer to Raleigh NC?

Thanks.
  • Waves84Waves84 Posts: 64Registered Users
    sorry to throw this in here i couldn't help but see another raleigh girl on the same mission - i'm looking for deva trained stylist in raleigh too - all i came up with on the deva website is will champagne? at bliss salon in downtown raleigh - i've read some mixed reviews - i tried to call about prices a few days in a row at different time to ask about prices - seems like charlotte is the place to be lucky gals!!
    2B - Just below BSL
    CG as of 7/11

Low Poo - GioSAS, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Shampoo, Alterna Caviar Shampoo
    Co-wash- Suave Coconut
    Rinse out - GioSAS codish, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Codish, Alterna Caviar Codish
    Currently auditioning the following products - BRHG, Ecostyler Argan Oil, SMSmoothie, Dep Sport Gel, LaBellaLotsofCurls, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Mask, LI & Potion, LOOB, Aussie Sydney Smooth....Just want frizz free waves w/ some curls...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file