Jessicurl WDT or KBB Lucious Locks Mask?

Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
Which would you suggest? I need something thats really moisturizing. I know theres a considerable price difference, but I'm more interesting in the quality of the product than the price. My hair is in moderate condition, and its about to get worse (keratin treatment in December and a lot of straightening in the coming holiday weeks)... Sooo what do you think?
3b/c/f/ii
Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner

Comments

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Curl Novice Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    KBB wins this toss up hands down. :color:
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    KBB wins this toss up hands down. :color:

I concur!
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
    i would def go for the kbb!! for sure!! go with the kbb!! lol.....sigh im tired......:laughing5:
    3B~Fine, porus, and really long
    HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
    :farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
    "Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I love the WDT. Granted, when I used the KBB I only had a little sample, so maybe it wasnt enough. But I do love the WDT.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • merebearmerebear Posts: 190Registered Users
    Rudeechick~ just saw your photos from first few weeks to 6 months..holy crap. Your hair looks fab. I really never saw a true transformation like that. I am struggling to NOT use shampoo again...somehow I think I need it. Would you mind sharing how you did your CG tranformation? Right now my scalp feels grimy and gross and my hair has total separation ~ it's weird and I'm not sure what to expect. My hair has a lot of curl potential...as I'm sure you knew yours did too.
    I am expecting a Jessicurl delivery tomorrow with gentle lather poo and everything else.
    Thanks for sharing the photos, they are inspiring as I try to get back on the CG bandwagon.
    MereBear
    2B-2C - very wavy with loose ringlets

:wav:
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    kbb. love my wdt but NEED my kbb.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    merebear wrote: »
    Rudeechick~ just saw your photos from first few weeks to 6 months..holy crap. Your hair looks fab. I really never saw a true transformation like that. I am struggling to NOT use shampoo again...somehow I think I need it. Would you mind sharing how you did your CG tranformation? Right now my scalp feels grimy and gross and my hair has total separation ~ it's weird and I'm not sure what to expect. My hair has a lot of curl potential...as I'm sure you knew yours did too.
    I am expecting a Jessicurl delivery tomorrow with gentle lather poo and everything else.
    Thanks for sharing the photos, they are inspiring as I try to get back on the CG bandwagon.
    Wow, what an awesome compliment! Thank you!
    My transition to CG went very smoothly, but I spent alot of time researching here before I delved in. The key for me was making sure to really massage my scalp when I CO washed and to rinse THOROUGHLY. I never had that oily/gunky/funky/ stage some people experience with CO washing.

Other then that I spent a good 2 months experimenting with products til I found the right ones for me - believe me I had alot of bad hair days.... Also bear in mind that I was coming off of 5 years of straightening... so the pics reflect the result of transitioning from chemically treated(damaged) hair, to healthy hair.

Theres tons of great advise on this site. I highly recommend CG if you can make it work for you. As for products/technique, be patient, its so worth it!

Thanks again:)
    My Photobucket Album
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    KBB
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    I probably won't ever try the KBB Lucious Locks Mask being that jojoba and coconut are the 2nd and 3rd ingredients on the list. The shikakai is also questionable, as far as my sensitivies go. Tried an organic shampoo once containing shikakai and it resulted in brillo pad hair...so my vote would go to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]JC WDT[/buylink], of course. I swear by it.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    I really like the WDT. But, now that I have used the KBB Lucious Locks, I can't live without it. KBB is, by far, the best deep treatment I have ever used.
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never used Jessicurl so I can't effectively judge whether its better to KBB. I can tell you what I like about KBB compared to every other deep conditioner I've used. I like that it has all natural ingredients that help detangle and mositurize my hair. The Aloe Butter really sooths my scalp and leaves my hair feeling nourished.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    I've only tried the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]JC WDT[/buylink] and I prefer using this as a leave-in. As far as a dt, I felt it didn't reach it's expectations.

I have some of that KBB mask on the way, I hope it will be as good as I've read. I hesitated a long time before buying it, since I've been having such success with my homemade banana and avocado mask, I'm still not sure if it will be any better than that.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    You can purchase the samples of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]jessicurl wdt[/buylink] online. She dont charge shipping on the samples. I just purchased 2 myself cost me $3.00.

For me thats 2 dt and I dont have to do them very often so I just get the sample sizes. Heat really makes the difference with this product.
    Can those of you who have used both and clearly prefer one to the other be specific with your reasons please?
    My Photobucket Album
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Can those of you who have used both and clearly prefer one to the other be specific with your reasons please?

My answer was based solely on the detangling experience I had. I usually keep my DT in for about an hour and then run a wide-toothed comb through my hair while standing under the shower stream. With KBB, the comb glides through easily every time. With the WDT, the comb got snagged a few times, and it was painful.
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users

My hair is better moisturized for a longer period of time when I use the KBB hair mask. I was using the JC about once a week. I've found that I only have to use the KBB about once a month. I also have to use much less of the KBB than I do the JC. The KBB does cost more, but it evens out because I only use a third of the amount I do with the JC each time I use it.
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sessac81 wrote: »

My hair is better moisturized for a longer period of time when I use the KBB hair mask. I was using the JC about once a week. I've found that I only have to use the KBB about once a month. I also have to use much less of the KBB than I do the JC. The KBB does cost more, but it evens out because I only use a third of the amount I do with the JC each time I use it.

Ditto to this experience. I never used the WDT fully but I did attempt to once with a sample. I couldn't get it to spread through my hair so I had to abort operations halfway through. :sign6:
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Thanks guys. I guess it helps that I do add melted Coconut oil to the WDT and that I warm it first... Guess I will have to try the KBB now as well.:tongue8:
    My Photobucket Album
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Curl Neophyte Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ...Other then that I spent a good 2 months experimenting with products til I found the right ones for me - believe me I had alot of bad hair days....

rudeechick, given your 2-month experiment, what are your current HG products?
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
    ...Other then that I spent a good 2 months experimenting with products til I found the right ones for me - believe me I had alot of bad hair days....

rudeechick, given your 2-month experiment, what are your current HG products?
    My summer hair loves glycerine. In summer I CO wash with VO5 Vanilla Mint, Denman brush CK thru sopping wet hair, scrunch in QCCC, plop for 5, scrunch in BRHG then diffuse. Weekly DT w JCWDT + coconut oil.

Winter (drier air) hair hates excess moisture. I alternate a poo bar w CO washes, scrunch gel into wet hair (LOVING HESMU right now), no plopping as it pulls out my winter curl, then diffuse.

If I listed all the products I tried and rejected you would laugh!
    My Photobucket Album
    Finally tried the KBB.... only once so far, mind you. But so far I far prefer the JCWDT. I need to try it again, replicating the routine I use when I normally DT, as this time I air dried fully and normally I dont.

SO far, the JC seems far more moisturizing then the KBB. Update to follow.
    My Photobucket Album
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Just wondering the outcome of this...I really hesitate with the KBB because of the price.

Anyone who's tried both and can comment (besides the earlier posters, of course)?
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Curl Neophyte Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kbb Luscious Locks Hair mask.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    kbb has much more slip for me and gives me more moisture.
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    Empressri, since you're the queen of Curl Junkie, have you tried the Curl Rehab? Or the H&B Deep Fix?
    How does it compare to the KBB and WDT?
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Empressri, since you're the queen of Curl Junkie, have you tried the Curl Rehab? Or the H&B Deep Fix?

I'm not empressri, but the CJ products are nicer then the WDT, IMHO. I like the KBB LL mask--but don't need to DT all that much--and it's really pricey. The Jessicurl products made my hair limp and lifeless in a week--my hair just didn't care for them for some reason. I use a lot of "heavy/rich" products with great success.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Kathymack :)

Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Curl Novice Posts: 519Registered Users Curl Novice
    empressri wrote: »
    kbb has much more slip for me and gives me more moisture.
    +1
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

the curl rehab is a lighter treatment than the deep fix and won't weigh your hair down. if you want some serious deep, rich moisture go with the deep fix.

it works as well as the kbb hair mask, but the curl junkie treatments seem to make my curls pop more, since it's made for curls! lol the wdt is like ah, just okay.
    kathymack wrote: »

I'm not empressri, but the CJ products are nicer then the WDT, IMHO. I like the KBB LL mask--but don't need to DT all that much--and it's really pricey. The Jessicurl products made my hair limp and lifeless in a week--my hair just didn't care for them for some reason. I use a lot of "heavy/rich" products with great success.

hehehee!! close enough km since you try everything like me! :wave:
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

the curl rehab is a lighter treatment than the deep fix and won't weigh your hair down. if you want some serious deep, rich moisture go with the deep fix.

it works as well as the kbb hair mask, but the curl junkie treatments seem to make my curls pop more, since it's made for curls! lol the wdt is like ah, just okay.

Wow good to know! I was under the impression that the Curl Rehab was the intensive DT. Glad you filled me in. Actually, I ordered the Deep Fix and I can't wait to use it :blob5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file