Poo Confused

Hello, I am new to the whole concept of no shampooing but it is very interesting. I currently use Matrix Biolage Nourishing shampoo and Detangler and Matrix Gellee. How do I know if a gel has no silicones in it? Can anyone recommend a goo drugstore conditioner and gel to do the CO method?

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    I'm pretty sure Matrix is full of cones.
    A good conditioner is VO5 Kiwi Lime. Gels= Herbal Essences.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    If you go the no-cone (no poo) route, you might need to shampoo with a clarifying shampoo once before you get started, to make sure all the cones are out. Then, you can CO wash from then on.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • LouisianaLeighLouisianaLeigh Registered Users Posts: 211
    To answer your question about how to tell...read the ingredient lists until your eyes cross! there's a couple lists of sulfates and 'cones floating around the boards. i printed one out the first time i went CG-shopping! or you can watch signatures from people who list themselves as CG and see what products they are using. but it never hurts to double-check for yourself. sometimes formulas change. HTH!
    wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
    embracing the waves since 10/20/08
    my hair loves protein and hates jojoba oil, my scalp hates propylene glycol, my face hates silicones.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    Hello, I am new to the whole concept of no shampooing but it is very interesting. I currently use Matrix Biolage Nourishing shampoo and Detangler and Matrix Gellee. How do I know if a gel has no silicones in it? Can anyone recommend a goo drugstore conditioner and gel to do the CO method?

If you mean the biolage gelee, I use that and my bottles have no silicones in them. CG AS COULD BE! haha I looooooooove biolage gelee. :love10:

I have heard that an older version does have them though, so just check your ingredients. :)
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• frenzied_frizzfrenzied_frizz Registered Users Posts: 54
    To answer your question about how to tell...read the ingredient lists until your eyes cross! there's a couple lists of sulfates and 'cones floating around the boards. i printed one out the first time i went CG-shopping! or you can watch signatures from people who list themselves as CG and see what products they are using. but it never hurts to double-check for yourself. sometimes formulas change. HTH!

Here's a website that categorizes different sulfates and 'cones: http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/product%20ingredients.htm
    Hair Type: Fine to medium below shoulder-length 3b hair
    Using: Avalon Organics Volumizing Shampoo, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Herbal Essences Body Envy Gel
    Experimenting With: Live Clean Moisturizing Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish

Searching For: a drugstore replacement (i.e. cheap) for L'Oreal Vive Pro

Mod-CG since November 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file