Looking for a new way to style my curls

sabrinaelizsabrinaeliz Registered Users Posts: 2
Help Please! I've been looking for months, even years for new ways to style my curls. I have 3b type curls, and i've been searching the web for new ways to style it, and i come up with "curly" hair styles that are not my type of hair. I've been wearing my hair down, and sometimes in a pony tail and it does me no justice.

if anyone has any pics of different ways they style their curls please send them to me, or describe to me what you do to switch it up a little. I just want to try something different. I just have no clue what to do with my hair.

THANKS!!!

Comments

• CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    Help Please! I've been looking for months, even years for new ways to style my curls. I have 3b type curls, and i've been searching the web for new ways to style it, and i come up with "curly" hair styles that are not my type of hair. I've been wearing my hair down, and sometimes in a pony tail and it does me no justice.

if anyone has any pics of different ways they style their curls please send them to me, or describe to me what you do to switch it up a little. I just want to try something different. I just have no clue what to do with my hair.

THANKS!!!

Are you looking for up-do's or anything in particular? Can you post a picture to see what your hair looks like? Is your hair long, short, etc.?
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • sabrinaelizsabrinaeliz Registered Users Posts: 2
    I just posted the only photo I have available right now.

Looking for anything, updo, head bands, clips, half up down look.. just need some new ideas.

I'm currently using, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No poo[/buylink] cleansing & Conditioning products. Sebastion Postion #9 & Curls Rock products.

Thanks
    hmmmm...ok, give me a few days and I will post some pictures of different styles that I do....maybe they will help you out..
  • CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Registered Users Posts: 295
    Hi there,

I have been looking for something new for my hair also and had heard flexi-8 clips mentioned in a post on here. Here is the website for you to check them out since they have different sizes they can be used for different hair types and lengths and textures.

http://www.flexi8.com/

Hope you find something
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
    Sorry, I couldn't find this thread again. I don't have pics yet but I will see what I can do. One thing that my daughter and I do is put our hair in a pony tail, high, low, whatever the mood...then we wad up our curls and pin like mad. I call it the "wad and pin". So it looks like a curly/messy wad of curls....you can also wear your hair down with a headband, and to dress this up, swoop some of the hair down in the front and tuck under the headband. I also like to do a semi french twist up and use a large hair clamp to hold the hair in place and then separate and set the curls as I like....I'm trying to think of some more do's. If you want pics, I will try to accomodate...sorry it took a while to post. HTH
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,720
    I like to wear my hair half up in a twist with a claw clip, sometimes all in a twist. Headbands are good. Hair sticks(chop stick type) are good to use to pull up half or all your hair. Hmmm, I'll have to post some pics later.
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • Finch00Finch00 Registered Users Posts: 191 Curl Connoisseur
    I really liked these ideas:

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/2008/10/great-date-hair-tonight

I love twisting the first inch of my hair nearest to my face, a section from about an inch above one ear to the other ear. I add hair to the twist as I go and put an elastic on the end. It kind of looks like I have bangs. One lady asked me if it naturally curled like that lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file