Scalp Issue

tarahhhhtarahhhh Registered Users Posts: 125 Curl Neophyte
I've been CG since the beginning of August and for a long time that weird white build up on my scalp went away, but now it's back with a vengeance. I have given up co-washing because it just doesn't seem to do the trick, I massage my scalp with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle to try to remove that white stuff (whatever it is). Then I VERY carefully put my conditioner in and try to put as little as possible directly on my scalp. I rinse while rubbing my scalp gently to remove any conditioner and then I apply my products (pink boots). At this point if I scratch my scalp I don't usually get any white stuff under my nails, but when I wake up in the morning I do. I just did a clarifying shampoo two weeks ago in hopes of resolving this issue, but it didn't help. I've also tried water washing daily, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?

ETA I also use Sammy mousse occasionally, but it doesn't touch my scalp and I've had this issue before I started using it.
Tarah - with an "H" :hello2:
Always trying something new.

I'm a curly college student, and LOVING it.
"They say when you die your life flashes before your eyes - Make it worth watching."

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    I know what you mean by the white stuff under your nails. I tried using a brown sugar scrub yesterday and the flakes and white gunk were zapped immediately. I'm still experimenting with it so I don't know how long I'll go between scrubs, but I'm really happy with how this first one has worked.

If you want to try it, use some coarse (big grained) brown sugar and your co-washing conditioner (mine is suave naturals coconut). Put 1 tablespoon of sugar into three tablespoons of conditioner, stir, and use it to scrub you whole scalp. The sugar acts as an exfoliator and removes (or at least it did for me) the gunk and flakes of dead skin.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    I was having this problem too. Have you tried using a brush to stimulate your scalp? I've been using this and I love it!
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/Scalp-Massage-Brush/SBS-345898,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair10

It gets all the skin flakes off. I can tell a big difference.
  • tarahhhhtarahhhh Registered Users Posts: 125 Curl Neophyte
    Two great ideas, thanks!! I'll try them out and see what happens, I guess I just need to work on rubbing my scalp a little more with some help from brown sugar and a scalp massager.
    Tarah - with an "H" :hello2:
    Always trying something new.

I'm a curly college student, and LOVING it.
    "They say when you die your life flashes before your eyes - Make it worth watching."
  • svetikisvetiki Registered Users Posts: 85 Curl Neophyte
    I have that same problem. If I co-wash I'll get this white filmy stuff all over my scalp. But if I shampoo, the white film goes away but it leaves my scalp really itchy and i end up with dandruff
    3c/4a in the front, 4b in the back, with a few sprinkles of 3c in random spots.
    http://myspace.com/kielyki
  • xxmisschrisxxxxmisschrisxx Registered Users Posts: 223
    oh my goodness. ive been waiting to find someone with the same problem! i will try the brown sugar stuff and let yall know! THANK YOU again :)
    --xxmisschrisxx
    3a since going CG!
    CG on 10/12/08. free of cones, sulfates, and shampoo! added shampoo bars 1/80/09.
    using:
    shampoo bars (wind blossom)
    condish - burts bees super shiny
    styling - confused and running out of products. TRYING LOOB!
    trying: tweek...barely.
    WAITING to try: Melting Gel...resisting the urge to become a PJ...kind of...
    Dislikes: molasses and CK :( so unfortunately...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file