Any thoughts on KC Pomade and Spiral Spritz?

icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] have been working well for me. Since it looks like Curlmart might have a Thanksgiving sale, I'm debating on ordering the Pomade and Spiral Spritz.
Any comments on them? Is the Pomade heavy? Smell?
Does the Spiral Spritz work as a refresher or ??
How is anyone using them?

TIA!
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Spiral Spritz hasn't done anything particularly fantastic for my hair, but my hair also doesn't seem to like anything being sprayed into it as an attempt to refresh it.

It's got a decent smell to it, but just didn't really DO anything other than that for me.

Haven't tried the pomade though... that might have some appeal...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't tried the spritz since I find panthenol to be drying.

I use the pomade and like it, and it's small enough to carry around in my purse. It's is thick; you have to emulsify it in you hand first like any other pomade. I use it to scrunch out crunch, touch up next day hair, smooth random flyaway bits, and smooth down edges and bits when I wear updos. It smells lemony in the tin and on my hands, but I don't notice the scent lingering in my hair.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I haven't tried the spritz since I find panthenol to be drying.

I use the pomade and like it, and it's small enough to carry around in my purse. It's is thick; you have to emulsify it in you hand first like any other pomade. I use it to scrunch out crunch, touch up next day hair, smooth random flyaway bits, and smooth down edges and bits when I wear updos. It smells lemony in the tin and on my hands, but I don't notice the scent lingering in my hair.

I agree with everything you said about the pomade except the end. For me, the pomade somehow keeps my head smelling like a piece of lemon cake. Or lemon frosting. Very light, but I could smell it in my curls when they move. The smell in and of itself is yummy, somehow I don't like the smell in my head. But it works wonders, so I deal. Besides, the smell could be way worse... smelling like sweet yummy lemon bread (or frosting) isn't so bad!!:toothy5:
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    I think the pomade just made the list for Thursday! Thanks for the feedback.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab

• MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I really like the spritz. I use it to freshen up my hair after I work out. I spray it into my hands and scrunch it in; I don't spray it directly into my hair. I haven't tried the pomade yet.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Spritz didn't do anything for my hair. I was told that it was intended for 2nd day hair refresher .... which to be fair, I seldom get 2nd day hair ... but even as a mid-day pick-me-up, I wasn't impressed.

For a mid-day spray, I still prefer Jessicurl's AIS.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    The pomade is very rich. I use less of it than I do with any other pomade. For instance, when I've got my hair in a ponytail and my canopy is frizzy, I use less than the size of a grain of rice and it smooths everything out perfectly. Smells nice, too.
  • mosxy5mosxy5 Posts: 63Registered Users
    I like the pomade....the spritz did nothing for me. The pomade makes my hair super-soft. I apply a little bit all over my head while it is still wet and it elminates any crunchiness.
    Relaxer free since 12/2001... :afro:

Mostly 3c with 4a in the back.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just ordered the spritz, along with KKNT & KKCC, which I'll be trying for the first time. From the description of the spritz, I thought it might work for me as a finishing product, kind of like Set it Free. I'll let you know how that works. Sometimes when you use a product as directed, it doesn't work as well as it could for you, LOL.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    I snapped and ordered both the Spiral Spritz and Pomade. Even though sprays and pomades have not worked in my hair in the past, the PJ in me just had to try these. I love [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] so am hoping these will work as well. Merry Christmas to me :)
    Thanks for the feedback on the products.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:

• jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd like to continue this discussion, especially with those of you who bought the spritz and the pomade. Did they work for you?

I picked up some spritz on the swap board and so far, am unimpressed. But I was reading CurlChemist's recent piece on humectants and dew points, and she talked about the value of pomades in high dew points, so now I'm curious about pomades.

My hair is fine, though, so I'm wondering whether a pomade would be too much. Thoughts?
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    jillipoo wrote: »
    I'd like to continue this discussion, especially with those of you who bought the spritz and the pomade. Did they work for you?

I picked up some spritz on the swap board and so far, am unimpressed. But I was reading CurlChemist's recent piece on humectants and dew points, and she talked about the value of pomades in high dew points, so now I'm curious about pomades.

My hair is fine, though, so I'm wondering whether a pomade would be too much. Thoughts?

I just ordered the pomade and haven't gotten it yet.

I like the Spiral Spritz. Today, I smoothed a little on dry hair, wet my hands and smoothed and scrunched a little. FrizzBgone talked about her success in this thread:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=72905

I know that she is using it like a serum--last product in wet hair and really likes it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file