Yes to cucumbers Color Care Leave-in Conditioner

ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
Hi,

Has anyone tried this conditioner? especially with a 4a/b. I am looking for something to use before applying my whipped shea butter do you think it's good?
the ingredients:
Aqua(Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*,Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.
* Certified Organic Ingredient

Comments

• amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not near 4a/b but I've been using this recently since it has no glycerin in it and have been loving it. I'd certainly buy it again.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Where can I get this locally? I looked at my Target and they only had the Yes to Carrots, not this leave-in.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    onethousandcurls:You might be able to find it at walgreens.

amy51373: exacltly what did it do for your hair
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For me it's a little thicker than the KBB I've been using so it's been a bit more conditioning this time of year. I'm a bit glycerin sensative in the winter so rotating this with my KBB has been a perfect balance and has left me with minimal canopy frizz that I'd been getting using just KBB.

Onethousandcurls: I found mine at Walgreens and haven't really seen it anywhere else. They had one on the shelf and it comes in a box, took me forever to find because I was looking for a regular tube/bottle.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    just used it... so amazing found my HG condish
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is ytc(cukes) a color-protectant line, as opposed to ytc(carrots)?
  • zenallazenalla Posts: 159Registered Users
    The Yes To Cucumber Leave-in as the exact same ingredients as the regular YTC conditioner. The differrence is just the price!!!

I use the regular conditioner as a rinse-out and a leave-in with great results both way :thumbup:
    3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
    Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
    Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
    Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
    Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
    PW: mixedcurly
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    zenalla wrote: »
    The Yes To Cucumber Leave-in as the exact same ingredients as the regular YTC conditioner. The differrence is just the price!!!

I use the regular conditioner as a rinse-out and a leave-in with great results both way :thumbup:

Are you serious? I guess I never looked at the ingredients. Thanks for the info.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    I bought both last year. Then I compared the ingredients and the very last ingredients are simply inverted.
    I offered the Leave-in to a friend as I've enough product with the conditioner only...

So if you have the choice, just buy the regular co. It's just a matter of marketing.

Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
    Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought both last year. Then I compared the ingredients and the very last ingredients are simply inverted.
    I offered the Leave-in to a friend as I've enough product with the conditioner only...

So if you have the choice, just buy the regular co. It's just a matter of marketing.

I was just about to say that! I love the condish too. I went to Walgreens the other day and the leave-in was on sale for like $6-7 and I almost got it...then I was like wait...the condish is still only $8 for MUCH more product...pass!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Freakin' gorgeous hair, zenalla!
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Freakin' gorgeous hair, zenalla!

Thanks a lot Ninja dog ;-)

• cynthyacynthya Posts: 3Registered Users
    I love these products - they are the only ones I use! I stopped using all other hair products except for YTC conditioner and the occasional shampoo. Before I flop, I add some conditioner and that's it for my styling. I live in Atlanta where the humidity is high and my hair is dry after a recent color. To reduce frizz, I bought YTC Mud conditioner and fell in love with it as my leave-in. To my dismay, I discovered a cone in it. It is a small amount on the list but it is in there. I can't part with the bottle now...my hair is so curly.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I don't know about y'all walgreens but mine had it on clearance 50% off!!! So I bought it to try!

Go check your walgreens!!!!:D

oh wait someone just said that....continue on...
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I love both. I had tried the leave-in last year via the swap board but hadn't been able to find it on the ground. Will have to try leaving it in next time.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a little late to the party on this one, because it's never in my local drugstores. But I found the conditioner at a Target. This stuff is so slippery it's almost slimy. I love it!

Does it continue to be moisturizing over time?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • pricelesspriceless Posts: 1Registered Users
    found it in Ross dress for less was in there looking for head bands and saw it for 3.99 I bought the yes to tomotoes and tired that one i think i just like it for a leave in
  • SanjigirlSanjigirl Posts: 2Registered Users
    Ladies please be careful of this product if you're a natural. I also liked it at one time and thought the slip was incredible. Alas, it contains Sodium Hydroxide (lye). I left the relaxer behind for a reason. This might contain a much smaller amount of it, but it's lye just the same. Some naturals have stronger hair that might be able to take it, but mine can't. Just saying...remember to read the ingredients list, even if you've been using the product for a while. You never know when they'll change up on you! :afro:
  • SanjigirlSanjigirl Posts: 2Registered Users
    For some reason, the sodium hydroxide is listed under a separate ingredients category on Amazon (see below). And remember that anything sodium is salt, which is not good for naturals.

Ingredients
    Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Maris Limus Silt Extract (Dead Sea Silt), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Punica Granatrum Extract, Guar

Ingredients
    Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodum Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I have seen this topic pop up before. Apparently, sodium hydroxide is an ingredient often used as a pH balancer in conditioners. You can also find it in HE Hello Hydration, Pantene, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in and a few others. From the rudimentary research I've done online, there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to how safe this chemical is for hair. This is one of the more objective analyses I have seen:

THE NATURAL HAVEN: Sodium Hydroxide: Lye is always lye or is that a lie?

That said, you can also check for this ingredient in your toothpaste, facial moisturizer, body wash, hand soap, shaving product, and lotion. It's a pretty widespread additive. After I found out that tidbit, I got really obsessive and went into severe google mode. I found out it is commonly used in food processing as well: washing and peeling veggies/fruits, brining pretzels and olives, grits...

As far as ingesting it, the FDA seems to approve of it in small doses. In larger concentrations, it can be harmful:

http://dhss.delaware.gov/dph/files/sodhydrxfaq.pdf

Conclusion: Conditioner is probably the least of your worries. I will say that I used YTC in the past (it was like 2 years ago so I'm not sure if I had the old formulation or the newer one with lye), but it did detangle my coily hair really well :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file