Am I Overreacting Here...

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedBanned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
Hubby & I had always planned [or maybe it was me more since I'm female & a sentimental sap...lol] to take the little one to a movie together for the first time.

Well, tonite I have to work & he comes home & tells me he wants to go tonite to see Madagascar 2 b/c he's not sure when it will close. I rehashed how I felt about it [in a calm manner], but who knows, maybe he really wants to see it more than anyone..lol..ok maybe not. Being a man, of course, he didn't really think it was any big deal.

They just left & I'm just a bit upset at this first I'll miss :(

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I wouldn't care. Little ones often talk too much during movies anyway. Personally, I don't care for children's movies, so I always let hubby take the kids alone. The man loves the cartoons.
  • SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    My kids don't talk during movies, they fall asleep. :lol:

Maybe the next movie that comes out, the two of you could go together without Daddy.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    She'll nevah sit through a movie at this age. What was he thinking? :lol:
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    i would be sad about it. my SO did something similar, but obviously i got over it because i cant remember which one of her "firsts" i missed.:confused: i was sad at the time though!
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Since it's something you really looked forward to doing with her, I'd be feeling the same way.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I can understand how you feel. I'm all about being around for the "firsts". That being said, hubby and I took our 3 year old to see that movie this weekend (it was his first time at the movies). Five minutes into the trailers he started whining that he wanted to go home. We managed to get him to settle down for most of the movie but honestly, he'd watch for a few minutes and then start fidgeting around. IMO, a lot of the humor in these "kids" movies is really aimed at the adults. Luckily, it was an early morning show and the theater was pretty empty so after a while I just let him wander up and down the aisle we were sitting in, just to keep him quiet.
    DH and I absolutely loved the movie btw.

I think next time, hubby and I will be going alone.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    I would feel sad too. :neutral:

And how old is your little one? My 3y/o has sat through that movie twice, so it's possible it could've been a fun non-stressful time.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • redmumredmum Registered Users Posts: 125
    hi,
    I totally felt the same way as you when my husband said he would take our daughter for the first time, i got really upset and he found it difficult to understand at first. I had the same romantic idea of of us all going together. Guess it is a mummy thing
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    It is not just a "mom" thing--see below:

I took our daughter to see Kung Fu Panda over the summer--my husband wanted to go with us, but he was busy so we went by ourselves. We were on different schedules that day and I didn't want to wait until we reached way past naptime/meltdown time. I know that was insensitive of me because he really wanted to go--I don't know--I guess I have no real excuse, huh? In my example, I'm the bad guy.:lol:

Did he apologize or at least acknowledge that he should've waited for you? Would that have made you feel better? I am sorry you missed out.
    realistic wrote: »
    I would feel sad too. :neutral:

And how old is your little one? My 3y/o has sat through that movie twice, so it's possible it could've been a fun non-stressful time.

True--my daughter just turned 3 and has been to 3 movies in the theater (including Madagascar 2)--she got antsy during the last 45 minutes of WALL-E, but I think that was because it was more conceptual and slower paced than most movies geared towards kids. We did plenty of test runs at home with movies on DVD--she will sit and watch an entire movie. I guess it depends on the kid (like anything else).
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    I'd be upset too. I've lost a few firsts to the in-laws. One time they were over there for the day, I think we were moving or something. Well anyhoo, they decided out of the blue, that they wanted to take the boys to their first trip to the zoo. And didn't even give us pictures.
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I'd be upset too, especially since you told him it was important to you and he went anyway.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
    geeky wrote: »
    I'd be upset too, especially since you told him it was important to you and he went anyway.

That's the thing I'd be most upset about.

I'm hoping he didn't get to enjoy the movie because I'm petty like that.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks everyone :)
    Yeah, that's what gets me as well...he knew we were supposed to do that as a fam & he just seemed to dismiss me...like it didn't matter or what's the big deal...even my dear mother agreed w/ me..lol

When they got back home, he said there were a couple of close calls, but the little one did really good for the most part. :shrug:
    I'm still put off about it & everyone I've talked to thought I was right in how I felt...ah well..ass :neutral:

Oh, and another thing, he goes to the expensive theatre that we were supposed to go to back in May when it was to open for a date nite & take the little one to the more kid oriented one, but it's a little farther away...not much, so that shouldn't have mattered...when I said something to him, I got no response :rolleyes: ...I dunno...argh..he even mentioned something about the price...I was like wtf did you think, genius!?
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    No you're not overreacting but you're too nice :). I would not have been so calm if he didn't get it the first time.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I am a total sap about all the "firsts" but...I have gotten most of her firsts while my husband has been off working or on travling for work so I could kind of understand if he wanted one of his own, just between them. I get all the girly stuff, anyway.
    Josephine wrote: »
    No you're not overreacting but you're too nice :). I would not have been so calm if he didn't get it the first time.
    Girl, it ain't ovah...lol
    Josephine wrote: »
    Girl, it ain't ovah...lol

Plotting your revenge? :evil2:
    :silent:

CGNYC...great point!
    Wile--we just got back from watching "Bolt"--maybe you can take your LO (and DH, if he's been forgiven ;))to that. Really, if it's a new movie, it's just as exciting for them as the first one, you know? Anyway--it was really good!

(Daycare gets a lot of "firsts" for mine--I thought that would bug me, but I guess not as much as I expected it would. I can understand, though!)
    Thank you, girl..I had never thought of it that way! :) I actually wanted all of us to go Friday, but it was quite crowded. He knows I want it to happen. Of course, I can't stay mad at him too long..
    certainly not after last nite!

;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file