defuser=no spirals. help?

curlykaitycurlykaity Registered Users Posts: 10
well i have a conair ionic curl defuser; it's not shaped like most defusers, its sort of a lolipop shaped. see.
AAAAAh2q50IAAAAAAKGAhA.jpg

well when i let my hair air dry my hair spirals, but it takes 3 hours to dry completly.So i use my defuser instead. i scrunch my with gel-creame stuff and dry it. but it only drys as waves, like the waves i have when its wet.

is there any way to use my diffuser and still have my spirals?

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Have you tried pixie-curling?

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=34025&highlight=pixie

This is the only way I can diffuse. No frizz, keeps my curls, and cuts down on drying time.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • curlykaitycurlykaity Registered Users Posts: 10
    thank you much
  • smiley88smiley88 Registered Users Posts: 27
    have you tried diffusing with your head up-side down?
    I have a more standard looking diffuser, but it only really produces poof-free curls for me if i have my head upside down.
    and be careful you aren't drying it all the way. leaving a little moisture seems to keep the curls intact better too.
    I have 3a hair, so im not sure it will work the same for tight spirals.
    type: 3b hair with some 3a on the top layers.
    length: a little past the shoulders
    Wash process: silicone free, with a weekly sulfate wash (give or take, depending on the season)
  • buffiebuffie Registered Users Posts: 184
    I have a typical bowl shaped diffuser and use it everyday and always get curls.

You said you scrunch. Are you doing it while diffusing? Because if you are touching your hair while it is drying it will more than likely not curl and will produce only waves.

I just cradle my hair with the diffuser while having it on low speed and low heat.

HTH
    "How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?" - from a t-shirt my brother gave me years ago. I loved it!

Have discovered I cannot live without KCCC and plopping. Always knew that I was dependant on my diffuser.
    well i also have 3a hair and i dont have tight spirals more loose spirals.
    and i scrunch before defusing

maybe its the defuser?

oh and thanks for all the replies :)
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte

Curlyjenn10, is this your haircut day? I saw today's date listed in your signature. Trying anything new? Good luck!:drunken:
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034

Curlyjenn10, is this your haircut day? I saw today's date listed in your signature. Trying anything new? Good luck!:drunken:

Thanks! Yeah, I have about two hours until the big cut. I'm nervous, which is kind of funny. This is my first post-CG cut, but my stylist is the one I've had for years.

I'm thinking of going with this, maybe a bit longer, but I'm not sure if that would work well for my type. It's been a while since I've had shorter hair and I don't know how it'll work out now that I'm curlier.

Sorry for the guano, lol.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • lebanesecurlylebanesecurly Registered Users Posts: 161
    Do you diffuse while your hair is still soaking wet? I can't do that. I have to do my hair, then let it air dry for at least a half an hour (though I usually wait a whole hour if I've got time). That way, my spirals have time to kind of form and pick up on their own. Then is the only time that I can diffuse. It took me weeks to figure it out haha.
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii
    growing my hair out to BSL
    & mod-CG as of 9/1/08 :blob5:
    Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
    'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
    Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
    Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
    .I'm a PJ.

no. i never thought about that. thanks :)
  • JLeighsJLeighs Registered Users Posts: 904 Curl Novice
    I can't diffuse when my hair is soaking wet --I get lots of poof and frizz, but very little curl. I wait a minimum of an hour before diffusing.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • danna harrisdanna harris Registered Users Posts: 55 Curl Neophyte
    I have had great success with "plopping" my hair in a microfiber towel - soaking wet. Then I got the Deva diffuser for my bday. It looks like a hand. I get it close to the scalp and leave the ends alone!!!
    The innersense shea butter and orange oil makes it spring on the ends, but only on the ends. I even have some natural shea that is so hard I have to let it melt. I put that on the ends and my hair has never been so happy.
    Hair: 3a mostly
    mod CG Fall 2008

co/wash - Suave Naturals or VO5, Naked Naturals shampoo from CVS - can't find anymore, replacing with JCHCC

Condition: Aubrey Organics HR, Moisture Maniac, Love Jessicurl deep treatment and her stuff!

Leave in's: Aveda Be Curly, Jessicul RR and CC, quarter and nickel amounts, AG liquid effects, KCCC (forever to dry), leaving behind the Aquage defining gel

Want to try some of Sally's generics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file