*SIGHZ can u guys help me plz?

AyeyoneekAyeyoneek Registered Users Posts: 97
:sad5:well ive been transitoning for about 5 months now..and im having a bit of trouble with my left side of my hair...

-in the front near the hairline it wont grow! it looks like a nappy lookin bush...and never stays down no matter how much gel i put on it

-& also on my right side of my head i have alot of waves..but on my left side theres none at all!

help! im really scared dat wen i do,do the BC it wont look right,. :cwm10:
any advice on wat i should do?

heres sum pics

http://public.fotki.com/Ayeyoneek/my-biggest-fear!/cries/
last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!
whoop! finally all natural!

hairtype-mostly 4a but a bit 3c also

Visit me&my hair! :wave:
http://members.fotki.com/Ayeyoneek/

Comments

• LilluLillu Registered Users Posts: 182
    Have you tried putting loads more moisturiser on that particular part of your hair? I have to do this with the very front part of my hairline where my hair is frizzy and doesnt look curly at all! I have found that it gradually is getting more wavy the more moisturised it is, but I put a LOT more leave-in and DT on that section than on the rest of my hair.

Hey don't worry, the right side of my head seems more curly than the left side too!! I think its normal, and dont forget your hair will probably be a lot curlier after your BC anyway, so it most likely will blend in just fine!!

Your natural growth looks really lovely and healthy, best of lucky with your transition!!

HTH! xxxxxxxxxxxx
    3c spirals & corkscrews!
    Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
    BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
    Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
    Condish: AOHR
    Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
    Post-BC hair HATES protein!
  • AyeyoneekAyeyoneek Registered Users Posts: 97
    Lillu wrote: »
    Have you tried putting loads more moisturiser on that particular part of your hair? I have to do this with the very front part of my hairline where my hair is frizzy and doesnt look curly at all! I have found that it gradually is getting more wavy the more moisturised it is, but I put a LOT more leave-in and DT on that section than on the rest of my hair.

Hey don't worry, the right side of my head seems more curly than the left side too!! I think its normal, and dont forget your hair will probably be a lot curlier after your BC anyway, so it most likely will blend in just fine!!

Your natural growth looks really lovely and healthy, best of lucky with your transition!!

HTH! xxxxxxxxxxxx

nah i dnt put alot of mosturizer on it..ill do that and see how it goes..

& thanks alot!
    my hair get really annoying especially around the hairline..but maybe if i get some brade or something it would help also..cause i would be fooling with that part..thanks tho! i appreciate it :cheers:
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• Karua12Karua12 Registered Users Posts: 155
    I also agree with Lillu, I have a hairline like that too, that just frizzes and doesn't curl nearly as well as the rest of my hair. It's also an inch shorter and I hate it. Sometimes I can tame it by putting extra conditioner but sometimes also, it doesn't work.

At month 5 my front hairline also looked shortish and bald but it's okay, take it as a blessing! At least for me, I realized that it was actually my hairline that was growing back! I'd had a perm so long I didn't know my hairline was a bit more forwards on my head than what I was used to. When I was permie I also noticed that my hair just naturally grows in layers and so the front grows a bit slower than the rest. I'm very sure that when your hair grows longer and you BC, it'll look much better than it does now, trust me! Just baby that section in the front a bit more with oils/products that aid in growth and soften the hair. And don't worry about how your hair looks now; I've heard tons of people say it changes drastically after you've cut that permed sections off!:toothy5:
    Hey everyone!~ I've BCed! Yay! (13 month transition)
    Last Perm: March 23, 2008
    BC: April 24, 2009

Goals: To learn how to style my hair and continue to grow it healthy and happy!
    Hair type: :o 4b near the temples, 3c in the back/nape and 4a everywhere! Mostly coily-curly with medium-fine strands and medium thickness.

event.png

Karua12 wrote: »
    I also agree with Lillu, I have a hairline like that too, that just frizzes and doesn't curl nearly as well as the rest of my hair. It's also an inch shorter and I hate it. Sometimes I can tame it by putting extra conditioner but sometimes also, it doesn't work.

At month 5 my front hairline also looked shortish and bald but it's okay, take it as a blessing! At least for me, I realized that it was actually my hairline that was growing back! I'd had a perm so long I didn't know my hairline was a bit more forwards on my head than what I was used to. When I was permie I also noticed that my hair just naturally grows in layers and so the front grows a bit slower than the rest. I'm very sure that when your hair grows longer and you BC, it'll look much better than it does now, trust me! Just baby that section in the front a bit more with oils/products that aid in growth and soften the hair. And don't worry about how your hair looks now; I've heard tons of people say it changes drastically after you've cut that permed sections off!:toothy5:

thanks alot!
    ill just wait to see how comes along..i cant wait to cut it all off..gee
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• c.ptfemmec.ptfemme Registered Users Posts: 67
    ITA with the previous posts. Remember just to baby that area...ease up on the brushing/combing of that area... Is it a different texture/feel than the other side of your hair? I would just try to keep it moisturized, avoid wearing the hair too tight, and massage those areas. Aloe vera gel [from the plant] and castor oil really help thicken things up. Has there always been breakage there? How do you tie your hair up at night? Dont worry it'll get better.:)
    transition - 12.07 - 3.09 (15 mos)
    length: medium
    hairy type: diff types.

comic-p.jpg
    c.ptfemme wrote: »
    ITA with the previous posts. Remember just to baby that area...ease up on the brushing/combing of that area... Is it a different texture/feel than the other side of your hair? I would just try to keep it moisturized, avoid wearing the hair too tight, and massage those areas. Aloe vera gel [from the plant] and castor oil really help thicken things up. Has there always been breakage there? How do you tie your hair up at night? Dont worry it'll get better.:)

well couple of months ago i had flat ironed my hair right there..and i made a mistake and left it there to long..so it was like kinda burnt & hard..so i figured if i cut dat peice off it would grow back..but it seems like it didnt..and at light i usually would braid my hair and put a scarf on..or i would be wrap...or just in a ponytale..yeah ima have to stop fooling around with it..maybe it needs sum time

& yes its a diffrent texture..wen its wet.. i may have like one curly but dats all..the rest would be bushy and wet/soft
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• LilluLillu Registered Users Posts: 182
    I would be careful with the braiding, as the less you manipulate that pice of hair the better because it is really fragile!! I would maybe put leave-in on it and wrap it under a scarf at night, i think that would the most protective way.

I have just remembered that I used to have really short and rough patches at both temples, these were the parts i was most worried about when i decided to transition because they stuck out SO much like two little TWAs. They would NEVER lie down, and were always the parts I slapped the relaxer on first! Yet when I decided to stop relaxing and started putting loads of extra moisturiser on those parts I noticed they gradually got more curly and less rough. Now they arent there at all, and havent been for months and months now, seriously they have completely disappeared and are a soft and smooth 3b now! They have also actually grown for the first time ever, these parts didnt grow more than half an inch with the relaxer, and are now around 2 inches long now.

So give the extra leave-in and scarf-at-night thing a try, and let us know how it goes!!
    3c spirals & corkscrews!
    Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
    BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
    Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
    Condish: AOHR
    Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
    Post-BC hair HATES protein!
    thanks alot i will!
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• vmochavmocha Registered Users Posts: 125
    Well, good luck on your transitioning =)
    I am hangin in there myself and I am trying to pick up as much info as I possibly can about natural hair!!

comic-p.jpg

Check me out on Youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MsCSmiley
    comic-p.jpg
    -4b and THICK curlies....:afro:
    -BC Jan. 31, 2009!!

"Jah be with you until we meet again..."
  • TwilightEyesTwilightEyes Registered Users Posts: 44
    Definately moisturize that area. Do you tie your hair up at night with a silk scarf when you sleep? Low manipulation and high moisture and protection should help restore your hair.

Good Luck!!
    3c on top and 4a all over
    acv rinse once a week; co wash twice a week
    still experimenting to see what works for me.
    It's A Boy!!

dev227brs__.png

event.png
  • blackhoney112blackhoney112 Registered Users Posts: 126
    ITA with other posters about the extra moisture.....the left side of my crown would not wave up either and I later found out it was because of heat damage moisture + protein helped me grow that out and now the virgin hair it waves up just fine. I would also suggest using castor oil every night just a little bit it really does help fill in edges and if you haven't checked out Ayurvedic hair products/powders I strongly suggest that cuz it has helped me grow my hair HTH
    3c/4a
    Transitioning
    Following C&G method
    Fav products: Kenra MC, Misskey 10en1, VO5 moisturemilks, ACV rinses, Rhassoul clay & WGO
    pw: Romeo
    My hair album
    ITA with other posters about the extra moisture.....the left side of my crown would not wave up either and I later found out it was because of heat damage moisture + protein helped me grow that out and now the virgin hair it waves up just fine. I would also suggest using castor oil every night just a little bit it really does help fill in edges and if you haven't checked out Ayurvedic hair products/powders I strongly suggest that cuz it has helped me grow my hair HTH

hey what kind of mosturizers do suggest?? cause its kinda hard having wavy hair only on one side of ur head..i really would love for that part to wave up also..cause it has no wave or curl
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome. Pulling your hair back like that is putting a lot of stress on your new growth, possibly resulting in traction alopecia (hairloss at the hairline). Also your natural hair is not going to lay down like your relaxed hair. It is naturally puffier. Don't try to conform it to the relaxed hair, make the relaxed hair conform to it. Try looser styles like twist that blend the new growth and relaxed hair and put less stress on your new growth.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Welcome. Pulling your hair back like that is putting a lot of stress on your new growth, possibly resulting in traction alopecia (hairloss at the hairline). Also your natural hair is not going to lay down like your relaxed hair. It is naturally puffier. Don't try to conform it to the relaxed hair, make the relaxed hair conform to it. Try looser styles like twist that blend the new growth and relaxed hair and put less stress on your new growth.

thanks..i dnt wear ponytales anymore.& my hair is growing again.im just havin 1 other problem..about one side o my head being wavy and the other side is not..it have o wave or curl..but the other side has waves and curls poppin everywhere..is there anything i can do?
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Having 2 different textures is pretty normal. Just moisturize them equally or do twists or braid sets if you want to equalize your texture.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Having 2 different textures is pretty normal. Just moisturize them equally or do twists or braid sets if you want to equalize your texture.

ohhhhhh...its very annoying tho cause its right in the front..
    last perm-june 2008

BC- dec 31,08/jan 1!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file