Dora says hi

ToelesspobbleToelesspobble Registered Users Posts: 2
I am looking forward to finding lots of handy hints here so that I can leave the house looking halfway decent some time soon :toothy5: My name is Dora, I am a stay at home mum with 2 lovely boys and an equally lovely hubby. I am from the uk.

My hair ranges from frizzy to wavy most of the time both on the same strand. It is a pain to straighten but I haven't discovered a foolproof technique of drying it curly without having to use gallons of hair products that leave it feeling decidedly crunchy and looking icky. So at the moment it is messy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Umm the one thing I am doing at the moment though (almost forgot) I am putting a hair serum on my just-washed hair and leaving it to dry naturally and this is removing the frizz but leaving a bit of the wave. Not perfect but it is something. The serum is Alterna hemp straightening balm but it doesn't straighten it cos I leave it to dry naturally.

I also had a go with Tigi curls rock amplifier but the curls were soso and crunchy. Maybe I did it wrong...

Anyway, hellooo to you all :wave:

Comments

• ToelesspobbleToelesspobble Registered Users Posts: 2
    Blimey, just had a quick browse round the forum and I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about curly hair and how to keep it looking good. This is what I am working with at the moment. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very dry scalp, not dandruff, just flakey skin (yuck)
    Hair seems to get lank and greasy within a couple of days of washing it.
    Some parts of hair are almost straight when dry but most goes from curlyish to wavy. Used to be curlier before I had the children.
    My hair is shoulder length and chopped into and layered cos the hairdresser this would make it more manageable, should I just grow it all out. My hair is pretty thick ie, lots of it and the strands themselves are wiry thick.
    I am using a baby shampoo in the hope that my scalp will stop flaking off if I use something mild but that is not happening. I use a cheap and plain coconut conditioner, don't really know what is in it, better go and read the label. Can someone tell me what chemicals I should avoid or direct me to the thread that will tell me that.

I stopped straightening my hair when I found this website a couple of months ago but I feel my hair is just messy all the time. As I said before any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • marie.lmarie.l Registered Users Posts: 702
    glad you're here

poke around and have fun

marie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file