Silvia at Dustin David (Los Gatos, CA)

jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Novice
Hi everyone,

After all the great reviews of Legar Salon in Palo Alto, I was all set to make an appointment there this week for a cut, but due to scheduling issues, I decided to stick a little closer to home and made an appointment with Silvia at Dustin David. I'd gotten my hair cut by her before 3 years ago and loved the results, and as luck would have it, she had an opening today, so I snapped it up :).

I honestly don't know why I waited 3 years to go back to her. I think I naively thought I could go to a "cheaper" place and get the same results as long as I knew what to ask for, but the results were just never the same, and as I tried in vain to grow my hair out and struggled with the blah results, I finally resolved to go to the best :).

Wow, wow, and wow! As with the last time she cut my hair, I am LOVING the results. My hair has so much bounce and movement, and I've got volume at the crown again! I only wish I could recreate what she did this morning (had to wash it tonight and tried to style it myself), but even if my styling skills are not a match for hers, I still got my hair to look pretty decent, thanks to the great cut she gave me.

I already left her a rave review the first time she cut my hair, but thought I'd post a review here too, just to let everyone know she's not a one hit wonder :).

Btw, she put Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Calming Curl Creme in my hair and it looked fantastic. I ended up buying it, though I'm hoping I don't get build-up from the trimethicone (it had one other 'cone in it, but it was a PEG 'cone). I do think it makes a difference, because despite my clumsy attempt at trying to recreate what she did, I still managed to get fairly good results. There go my CG habits ;).

Jennifer
2c wavy, medium porosity, medium density, coarse

Current go-to products: AIA co-wash, Mop-Top Bamboo Conditioner, AIA Leave-In, Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic, LALSG

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds great! Any new pics to share? How much did she charge for the cut? I'm ready to call and book with Claudia at Legar myself, unless you can sway me with pictures! ;)

I'm glad you got a terrific cut! Yay!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • soulsalsasoulsalsa Posts: 119Registered Users
    Glad to know that there's an option, this was my first choice but went to Legar Salon instead. However, if I plan to add some color to my hair within the next month, I plan to go to Silvia since they use Goldwell coloring.
    Hair Inspirations: My Lil Sis/MIKA/Vashtie Kola
    3b/3c::.thick::.porous::.med-normal texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Red Raspberry
    Condish: BellaCurl Condish
    Leave-in: BellaCurl Elixir
    Style: Giovanni LA Natural Gel or KMF UM Gel/BC Gellie/SS Emollience
    DT: SS Deeply Decadent
    Trying: Bella Curl
    Color: Jamila Henna

"...there is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness..."-Ghandi
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How much does Silvia charge?
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Novice
    Curlilocks: they charged me $75 for the cut (I didn't have anything else done, although they did wash my hair).
    2c wavy, medium porosity, medium density, coarse

Current go-to products: AIA co-wash, Mop-Top Bamboo Conditioner, AIA Leave-In, Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic, LALSG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file