Lutrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol

generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
Have anyone tried this one? I would love to have an olive oil based product but I haven't found any reviews about this one online. My main question is: is it CG and those who tried it, how did you use it?
Thanks for the help...
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No it is not CG, it has a cone in it. Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol is CG last time I checked.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    I'll forget about it then. Thanks for the response.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • LunacurlLunacurl Posts: 150Registered Users
    Have anyone tried this one? I would love to have an olive oil based product but I haven't found any reviews about this one online. My main question is: is it CG and those who tried it, how did you use it?
    Thanks for the help...

ReddishRocks raves about this product and she's CG. Not sure of the ingredients, but maybe she can help you with your inquiry.
    CG since 2002
    True 3b, but looser curls since moving to drier climate. BSL thick, medium-course hair with some 2C/3a on canopy. Curlygirl since 2001. Devachan client NYC from 2001-2005.

-co-wash w/Devacurl No-Poo or Suave conditioner
    -condition Deva One Condition or GVP Balm
    -i never use a leave in
    -style with KCCC or Angell or Devacurl Styling Cream
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lunacurl wrote: »
    Thanks for the help...

ReddishRocks raves about this product and she's CG. Not sure of the ingredients, but maybe she can help you with your inquiry.
    I thought that she was using LeKair Cholesterol?? There is more than one "version" of this stuff and one of them has a cone in it so you gotta watch the ingredients. B.Babe uses it and loves it! I've used it as well and I avoid ALL cones.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    I'll give my humble review. I have tried this years ago and its one of those products you want to get rid off but cant'. I tried it and didn't like it . Its kind of stringy... sort of just slaps on and doesnt really do anything.. can't say it worked for me. I have really..really dry hair 3b
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
    Thanks for the help...
    I was at Walgreens the other day and noticed Queen Helene Cholesterol and it doesn't have ANY cones and is totally CG!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No it is not CG, it has a cone in it. Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol is CG last time I checked.
    Really? I don't recall that mine lists a cone or xane... I'm away from my jar right now, so I'll definitely double-check when I get home. Which ingredient are you seeing??? It's possible that I missed something!

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
    I was at Walgreens the other day and noticed Queen Helene Cholesterol and it doesn't have ANY cones and is totally CG!
    But....it has mineral oil and lanolin.
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Lunacurl wrote: »
    Thanks for the help...

I thought that she was using LeKair Cholesterol?? There is more than one "version" of this stuff and one of them has a cone in it so you gotta watch the ingredients. B.Babe uses it and loves it! I've used it as well and I avoid ALL cones.
    I am using the Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. :) I use it as a leave in and even on second-day hair sometimes. I wax poetic in my blog about all the ways I've tried it. :D

Suburbanbushbabe mentioned that she thinks there's a cone in it, and I'm traveling at the moment... My container is about 18 hours away, LOL! It's not easy for me to check ingredients from my phone either... so to-be-continued until we get it sorted out! :)

M/C ii

But....it has mineral oil and lanolin.
    So LeKair & Lustrasilk don't have mineral oil and lanolin? Why are these bad for a DT anyway SB????
    Discovered CG 2007

Okay - made it back home after 14 hours in the car... :coffee:

Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol ingredients (straight from my container):

Water, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, olive oil, cholesterol, soybean oil, safflower oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera extract, fragrance, vitamin e, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, phosphoric acid, DMDM hydantoin, disodium EDTA, yellow #5, blue #1

If anyone's interested in the botanical names of the oils, lemme know... I decided not to type those out, LOL!

I looked up some ingredients on http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-found-in-hair-care-products :
    1. stearamidopropyl dimethylamine is an amine, which is listed as "Emulsifiers and conditioning agent"
    2. stearyl alcohol and cetyl alcohol are fatty, "good" alcohols described as "Provide emollient effect, lubricity, emulsion stabilization"
    3. the oils "Provide emolliency, conditioning, add shine"
    4. the last four ingredients (not counting the colors) are preservatives
    So, unless I'm still missing something (ALWAYS a possibility!), it looks like Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol is CG. :)

I have not tried LeKair, and I have no idea what's in it. :D I am, however, lusting after some of the other Lustrasilk products... there's one with shea and another with extra aloe... *lust*

M/C ii

Water, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, olive oil, cholesterol, soybean oil, safflower oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera extract, fragrance, vitamin e, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, phosphoric acid, DMDM hydantoin, disodium EDTA, yellow #5, blue #1
    Sorry, I was wrong about the cone. I swear I was in Sally Beauty and read it on one of the jars, but it could have been something else.

Mineral oil and lanolin cause build up and are very hard to wash out. Mineral oil also can be ultimately drying.
    comic-p.jpg

Sorry, I was wrong about the cone. I swear I was in Sally Beauty and read it on one of the jars, but it could have been something else.

Mineral oil and lanolin cause build up and are very hard to wash out. Mineral oil also can be ultimately drying.

No worries... you just FREAKED ME OUT! :toothy10: I'm teasing. ;)

I can't remember where I read about mineral oil, but it's bad in skin care because it doesn't allow stuff to permeate the skin afterwards or something. Donno if that was due to it being non-soluble in water, but I've never heard a GOOD thing about mineral oil...

M/C ii

It might be the LeKair that has cones in it? The problem is they ALL are orange and come in a tub and look exactly the SAME. Obviously the are NOT! Queen Helene is N/G and LeKair is N/G

Gotta stick to LUSTRASILK ONLY in the Cholesterol Dept!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

• cholesterol dietcholesterol diet Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi! I am curious too.. I was wondering what's the effect of olive oil on hair. There are a lot of oils available in the market but which oil are we supposed to use just to make our hair look beautiful and smooth. If you have one in mind please post a link too. thanks.

Diet for Lowering Cholesterol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file