How many colors do you use?

starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
On your eyes, that is. Those little makeup kits with 3 and 4 coordinating eye colors look so inviting, but I don't have much of an eyelid, so I don't need much in the way of eye shadow. I was just wondering how many people actually use all those colors?
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.

Comments

• LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    Depends. On a daily basis, none. If the urge strikes for no reason, 2. If a special occasion, 3 or 4. (The rarest 4th being a sparkly white as a highlighter.)
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Usually 2 occasionally 3.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    Usually 2-3 at most (and that's counting 1 as a liner color). More than that I just don't have the skill to make look good.
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    Most of the time I use 2 colors. Sometimes I will use 3. I never use 4 because I can never do it well.
  • FrizzyMFrizzyM Posts: 46Registered Users
    Only two. Well, if you count eyeliner then it's three. Nothing fancy. One pale or neutralish eyeshadow color over the lid. Then a bit of eyeliner. Then some complimentary darker shade of eyeshadow for a little contour. That's as creative as I get.
    3A
  • newlynaturalnewlynatural Posts: 84Registered Users
    I use two, not including eyeliner.
    "Honey, you're so uptight, you need to do a number 7" Samantha to Charlotte on SATC
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm. Seems like most folks use two colors on average. Wonder who buys those things then? Or do you buy them because you might like one or two colors in the kit?
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use three, all by Bobbi Brown:

Woodrose on the entire lid

Blonde in the crease

Cocoa as liner
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    daily basis, 2 plus liner.

last night i went a bit overboard, but when The Boy woke up from his nap, took a look at me and said WOW, it was worth it!

:D

i was wearing all MAC (of course!) - Orange Tangent on inner third of lid, Sumptuous Olive on rest of lid, Shale in the crease, lined with Embark, Goldbit on the brow bone!

we were going to a party!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • lauren1904lauren1904 Posts: 19Registered Users
    Eye makeup is my weakness...well...that and shoes...

But I use 2 or 3 for day makeup and 3 or 4 (sometimes even 5) for nighttime

In case you're wondering how I fit all those colors on my lid here's my routine:
    I use a neutral color all over and a darker color at the outer corner and into the crease (for contour). then I use a highlighter just under my brows and in the inner corner of my eyes. Depending on my mood, I'll smudge in some eyeliner too (mostly to the outer corner top and bottom).

On my 5 color nights- I start with the darkest color on the outer corner and work my way in 3 colors to the lightest in the inner. I also higlight my brow bone and inner corner.

It's fun!!
    2B/3A
    shoulder blade length
    RECENTLY blonde!!!
  • CaryCary Posts: 102Registered Users
    Hows this for a lot of colors?

http://www.limecrime.net/tropicalbird.htm
    when you hook up an EKG to a tree you'll get a heartbeat every 15 mins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights