We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Lipstick that lasts?

violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users
I just saw another post similar to this.
Does anyone know of a lipstick that lasts? And that it doesn't dry your lips out?

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,563Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    all kinds of makeup companies have long-wear lipsticks - a base colour with a sealing topcoat that makes them stay on, and on and on.

we've had several threads about them here, let me see if i can bump one up for you.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    I have used Covergirl Outlast almost exclusively for at least 7-8 years. I put it on early in the morning, and unless I eat something pretty greasy, I have to remove it with my Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover 16 or more hours later. Some colors wear better than others. Application is key - apply a quick, even coat, quickly cleaning up any mistakes. If you apply too thick or try to reapply over an existing coat, you get flaking and cracking, but otherwise not at all.

Some say they find Outlast drying, but I don't at all and I am not constantly applying the topcoat, either. In the winter my lips used to get dry and cracked with regular lipstick but I have no problem whatsoever now. I use this all day and some Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream on my lips at night - it heals chapped lips better than almost anything. I used to sell MK, can you tell, LOL? These are the only two MK products I still use with any regularity, though.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file