Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

RichardBlankRichardBlank Registered Users Posts: 6
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community. I look forward to sharing ideas with other forum members on how to manage my hair.

Best regards,

Richard

http://www.costaricascallcenter.com

Comments

• marie.lmarie.l Registered Users Posts: 702
    glad you're here

poke around and have fun

marie
  • RichardBlankRichardBlank Registered Users Posts: 6
    marie

Thanks for the reply and warm welcome.

I like this site and the information provided. It will prove to be useful as long as I still have hair to control. Many of my friends are already bald!

Best regards,

Richard
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Registered Users Posts: 628 Curl Neophyte
    Hi Richard

What city is your call center based out of?
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    oreosmakemehappy

Thanks for the additional interest. We are located in Pavas. 10 minutes outside of San Jose.

By the way, I am a huge fan of "double stuffed" Oreos.

Richard
  • lilmama1lilmama1 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Oh you, dawg, Costa Rica! We are freezing here in the NE US. I am just envious. Describe your hair for us?
    lilmama1

Nice to meet you.

To answer your question, thinning at the least. All joking aside, I do need a strong conditioner to manage my hair.

Being from Philadelphia, I can understand the adverse weather conditions. Sleet and snow are not foreign to me.

Richard
    Richard

I'm about 60 miles from Philly so you know my weather. I have only one piece of advice on your hair: Do not ever do a comb over. Julius Caesar first did it and it hasn't worked since then.:wink: Be talkin' atcha. (For some bizarre reason I have fallen into an Alaskan accent recently. Perhaps I need a speech therapist.)
    lilmama1

I grew up NE Philly and went to Abington HS. Are you near there?

By the way, go Phillies!

Richard
    Richard

Depends on your definition of near: I'm at Exit 135 on the Parkway in NJ--just a pleasant drive to Abington. You probably passed it every time you went to NYC. It's billed as a quaint colonial village. Yeah.

How did you end up in Costa Rico? Do you live in tropical splendor or shabby chic? I'm trying to picture, y' know like fresh fish from the docks every day.

I am finding that by following the excellent advice here my hair is flourishing. I thought it needed heavier and richer conditioners, but it turns out it needed gentler products with no sulphates and no cones. I have lots o' hair but now it looks like even more with this treatment and I think you'll find this also. Something else I would recommend is a vinegar rinse every week (1 tablespoon in 1 cup water, I think), which is excellent for the scalp. Ahaha, listen to the newbie give the newbie advice. But I have agonized over my 3b/c hair for soooo long.

One last bit of consolation: there's always the I'm bald and proud look--shave it off and don't care. My eldest does that and he gets 2nd, 3rd and 4th looks.

Whew, didn't mean to go on so long. Happy Turkey Day!

Lil Mama
    Thanks for the advice.

In regards to Costa Rica, it is a very long, yet entertaining story.Many twists and turns have brought me here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file