Help....it feels funny?

I have a very short style that Im trying to grow out and even though its suppose to be worn smooth and straight I have begun to let it go natural with curls. I decided this week to try the no poo method and my head feels funny. Like there is an invisable hat on my head or somthing. Ive read about CG's using aloe vera juice to make it softer and others using ACV rinses with a few drops of essential oils to combat the smell but how do you use all this stuff. I feel honor bound to my head to wash with a poo but want so badly to go free of it. I was told that if I went poo free that in a weeks time I could see my true curl pattern coming back. Is this so?

Comments

• vampirecurlsvampirecurls Registered Users Posts: 50
    Okay I went poo free tonight. As I was in the shower I let the warm water cascade over my short curls and then reached for a bottle containing Aloe Juice. I tried to distribute it evenly through out my hair. I didnt notice any "softening" effect and it seemed rather rough in fact. I had to be gentle getting a wide tooth comb through it but managed. Later as it dried I had limp curls and frizz..how is this stuff actually used?
  • JillH410JillH410 Registered Users Posts: 594 Curl Neophyte
    I'm definitely no expert, but I think most people use the aloe vera as a gel after using a leave-in?
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • mrl234mrl234 Registered Users Posts: 548
    First off, I'm not an expert on using aloe vera gel, but I do know that people here do not typically use it in the shower; it's used afterwards to style, either on wet or dry hair.

This is a great resource for a few natural ways to wash your hair without shampoo. I know a few people who use baking soda with great success. I currently use V05 Vanilla Mint Tea clarifying conditioner to co-wash (conditioner wash), and have found it is nicely cleansing without being drying at all. It's worth a shot as its super cheap.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file