Am only gaining weight-help!

Eilis19Eilis19 Posts: 44Registered Users
For 6 months I've been doing water arobics twice a week, yoga once a week and weight training twice a week. I'm on a low sugar, high fiber, low fat diet with alli and I haven't lost any weight, I've gained 30. And yes, muscle weighs more than fat, but my clothes sizes have gone up too, so that's not it. I'm on anti-depressants and mood stablizers and my doctor thought maybe that's why I wasn't losing weight. She couldn't do anything to help but send me to a nutricionist cause army doctors are barred from perscribing weight loss suppliments. I'm on a waiting list for lap band surgery and have a consolt on the 5th, but I'd honestly like to avoid it if I can, and I'm about 60% sure I'll get denied because I 'only' weigh 248 at 5'9. A symptom of my bi-polar is fasting and binging and I really have very little control over it because I feel really hungry during the binging and can hardly force myself to eat anything during the fasting periods.

Does anyone have any tricks or advice or -something- to help me lose this weight? I'm really about to just start doing corset training, it works like lap band surgery, only external..and a little cheaper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Waiting for the day when the man who wears the combat boots at the foot of my bed comes home.

Comments

• JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    Seven people that I know have lost significant (one lost 100 pounds) amounts of weight using the program outlined in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Weight-America-Change-World/dp/1599792575

I myself have lost 25 pounds in the last 2 months. Everyone I know who has tried this program has lost weight. You don't have to do the 10-day cleansing/detox thing first, but it does help to kick-start the weight loss. I have never, ever been hungry on this program, and the approach is entirely different than what we are used to hearing. Hope that helps. :)
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you eating too many bad carbs? what's your fiber source? Your carbs should come mainly from veggies/fruits, and get plent of lean protein an dgood fats (olive oil, nuts).

I do a modified Zone diet, meaning I stick to the principals of it, but don't do all the measuring and so forth, I also have to add fibre and heart healthy things to bring my cholesterol and triglyceride levels down. Even foods you think of as healthy (potatoes, rice, corn, bananas) aren't so good because of the carb/starch and glycemic levels.

I'm close to losing 10 lbs in about 2.5 weeks, with added a bit of exercise (I 'm talking 20 minutes on the bike, or yoga/bodyweight stuff). I'd like to lose another 5-10 total, but more importantly I have to get out of my pre-diabetic state.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file