Afro Detangler (Taiykel)

2»

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since I complained bitterly about my prior orders, I wanted to report a MUCH better experience this time around. I guess the third time is the charm! The website says that it will ship in 7-14 days. Mine shipped in 14, which is certainly better then the 42 days it took it to ship last time. I think they are having it "manufactured," because of the high demand. Hopefully, it will improve the customer service as it did for my latest shipment.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I tried my sample of this today. I love the consistency and smell of it! :D

It worked really well and I was surprised how light it is for what is in it. I found it to be as light as GLI when applying and light than CJ leave-in. With all the butters and oil in it, I expected it be to much heavier.

I applied after using a kathymack soap bar, and CJ Moisture Theory condish. My hair is very soft, shiny and bouncy. :thumbup:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
    Whatsercurl, can you 'splain me a little more how you used it? I have a sample that I got from the company a few months ago, and I haven't really tried it yet -- I'm not sure how to use it. Did you use it as a detangling CO or as a leave-in? And about how much did you use?

(I need to use my sample it before it gets much older, but honestly, I don't want to fall in love with it because I've found my HG Co, I have a brand new tub of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], and I'm making my own FSG now -- I don't need another product esp one that I have to order, and order by the magnum!)
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
    Whatsercurl, can you 'splain me a little more how you used it? I have a sample that I got from the company a few months ago, and I haven't really tried it yet -- I'm not sure how to use it. Did you use it as a detangling CO or as a leave-in? And about how much did you use?

(I need to use my sample it before it gets much older, but honestly, I don't want to fall in love with it because I've found my HG Co, I have a brand new tub of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], and I'm making my own FSG now -- I don't need another product esp one that I have to order, and order by the magnum!)

I used it as a leave-in about a quarter size blob raked then scrunched in.

And the size of the bottle is pretty intimidating for sure! I probably wouldn't use a half gallon in my lifetime. LOL

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I tried a sample of the product, but it left my hair greasy and dry-almost brittle.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
    This stuff is nothing short of amazing for my hair!!! :D

I've seen mixed reviews but I've used it three times with incredible results.

I was mid-wash cycle yesterday, so water rinsed (as an experiment), didn't use any rinse out condish, then raked and scrunched in two quarter size blobs of AD, then raked in CJ smoothing gelee and a scrunched in tiny bit of BRHG. My curls were uniform, consistent and virtually frizz-free. They still are today. And more volume but not poufy just fewer bare spots.

So apparently my fine textured, medium porosity hair loves butters:

water, avocado/mango/shea butter, vitamin E, avocado oil, lecithin, green tea extract, orange extract, CitroZine™ (Organic) as a preservtive, natural fragrance.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Does anyone know the shelf life of this stuff? On their site the Jug is supposed to be a 4-6 mo supply but that would be using it the way they instructions say. Obviously someone with finer hair or looser curls would never go through that jug in 4-6 months :laughing7:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Does anyone know the shelf life of this stuff? On their site the Jug is supposed to be a 4-6 mo supply but that would be using it the way they instructions say. Obviously someone with finer hair or looser curls would never go through that jug in 4-6 months :laughing7:

They use CitroZine, a synthetic preservative--it should last a long time.

Previously, I used it as a leave in and curl creme. This week, I used it as a rinse out--and it worked well. That should help you go through it a little quicker.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Many years later -- ! -- and I cannot find any recent information about  a source for Afro Detangler. Robin's old site, growafrohairlong, has vanished. It took me years to try this product again and find out how it works for me, and it's been my favorite for a long while now. I want more -- and of course, whatever works best for me disappears from the market or gets a formula change. I haven't come to Curl Talk in ages -- greetings all! Anyone still out there?? Anyone know where I can find more? Thank you!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
    Years later -- ! -- and I cannot find any recent information about where to buy more Afro Detangler. Robin's old site, growafrohairlong, has vanished. It took me years to try this product again and find out how it works for me, and it's been my favorite for a long while now. I want more -- and of course, looks like whatever works best for me disappears from the market or gets a formula change. I haven't come to Curl Talk in ages -- anyone still out there?? Anyone know where I can find more? Thank you!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file