I think I made DW

I noticed when I added honeyquat to my watered down AVG, it turned it very thin...like water.
(I've read honeyquat is a strong humectant, but I really didn't notice any change in my hair)

Anyway, I rebatched some goatmilk soap:
4 bars soap shredded and melted. Took off heat and added 1/4c shealoe. Then added 1/4c honeyquat.
It thinned alot. So, I beat it with my hand mixer and scraped it into a mold.
I set it in the freeze...it was still soft. So I scraped it into a container with a lid.
Today, it's the same consistency...like play-dough.

I made "Dairy Whip"??????

I did mold some into a ball and set it to "cure"...just to see if it ever does harden. I'm pretty sure it's the honeyquat that gave it that softer consistency.
I figured adding shealoe and honeyquat would only enhance a shampoo bar and my hair is really soft after using it today, (vinegar rinse and AVG after)

Maybe I'll make Summer Sunshine "DW" ;)
cowash Suave
wash CV, Soap and Sundries bars
Braggs vinegar rinse
style Watered down FOTE
DT Honey/olive oil, coconut oil, unrefined shea

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WOW! That is SO COOL!!! It sure "sounds" like DW, hard to know without seeing and touching though..Congrats on a successful experiment!!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • soapaholicsoapaholic Posts: 28Registered Users
    So far, the soap is still pretty soft...and so is my hair!
    I was reading the honeyquat technical data sheet:
    http://www.archchemicals.com/Fed/PC/Products/NaturalPlant/Honeyquat50.htm
    On the last page, it says there may be a slight loss of viscosity, so to balance it out by using more resin......

or not, to make soft soap!

Mixed in with AVG, I really couldn't tell a difference in my hair. I don't know if it was the honeyquat or shea loe added to the soap that made my hair softer...maybe both.
    cowash Suave
    wash CV, Soap and Sundries bars
    Braggs vinegar rinse
    style Watered down FOTE
    DT Honey/olive oil, coconut oil, unrefined shea

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file