I will update too

iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
Things are going a lot better with us. I'm getting a lot more sleep and I finally feel like a normal person again after a c/s and the craziness of the postpartum period. I can enjoy being a mom now.

Nursing is going really well for us. I'm not having pain anymore. She weighed 12 pounds at her 2 month check-up and I feel proud knowing that is all my milk. She is smiling and "talking" a lot, which is so much more fun than the newborn phase.

She still wants to be held a lot so I'm still having a hard time getting things done at home (need to get a good carrier!) or finding alone time with my husband though.

Here are some recent pics
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    She's absolutely precious. I loved her in those "blue" pictures and you're looking great too. Looks like she's promptly wrapped both you and daddy around her finger - as well she should.
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Awww, I love those pictures of her at Halloween and at the park. She is beautiful! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and getting more sleep. That is so important as a new mother. I think it helps your milk, too.
    ehLB.jpg
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    She's gorgeous! I am glad to hear things are going well for all three of you now. You look like such happy and proud parents!

I am sure I've told you this before, but every time you post pictures I'm struck by how much you look like you could be related to my boyfriend! I think there may be a few pictures of him in my photo album that's linked to my profile - but you really look like his sister and mom, too. :)
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    She is so precious! Look at those baby blues!
    She still wants to be held a lot so I'm still having a hard time getting things done at home (need to get a good carrier!)

Get thee to Wal Mart or JoAnn's and get 5 yards of stretchy cotton fabric (or even fleece), then cut in half lengthwise for two cheap and easy wraps. Leave one in your car and use one around the house - just put it on when you get dressed in the morning then pop her in and out as needed. Use the instructions from the Moby site.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    She's a doll! I love the pumpkin patch pictures. So cute!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    Get thee to Wal Mart or JoAnn's and get 5 yards of stretchy cotton fabric (or even fleece), then cut in half lengthwise for two cheap and easy wraps. Leave one in your car and use one around the house - just put it on when you get dressed in the morning then pop her in and out as needed. Use the instructions from the Moby site.

Ooooo, good tip. I might have to try that too.
    ehLB.jpg
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    sarah42 wrote: »

I did that with Harry and it was great. He loved being wrapped and still would, if I could do it. He's getting too strong for me!

The pictures are gorgeous! Good work, Mama!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    Oh she's adorable Iris. Glad to hear things are going well.

Lucy needed to be held ALL the time. I used a hotsling, which was a lifesaver for me. It was the only way I could get anything done.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Glad you're doing good & hang in there, things will get better! :)
    then they start walking! j/k..lol

Love the iris & me pic & iris 2 pic :love10:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    sarah42 wrote: »

How big is Oliver? Stretchy wraps are great for newborns/little babies (up to 20lb, "they" say), but woven wraps are more supportive for bigger babies.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    How big is Oliver? Stretchy wraps are great for newborns/little babies (up to 20lb, "they" say), but woven wraps are more supportive for bigger babies.

He was a little over 14 lb. at the last doctor's visit. Do you think he would be better off with a stretchy fabric or non-stretchy?
    ehLB.jpg
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Registered Users Posts: 540
    Oh Gosh.....she is absolutely adorable!! Glad to hear things are going well.
    .png
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Curl Neophyte
    I'm glad things are going better, Iris. I second Pixie's rec for the wrap. That's the main carrier I've used the whole time.

Sarah, Lydia is just a little bigger than Oliver, and we're really liking a woven (nonstretchy) wrap and a fleece wrap, especially for outside. Fleece does stretch a little, but not too much.

Here's some info about choosing fabric: http://wearyourbaby.org/Default.aspx?tabid=121
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Registered Users Posts: 1,641
    Awww, Iris, she's a cutie pie. She was not going to let you guys disturb her beauty sleep for that photo in the pumpkin patch, though, was she? :lol:
    33abhqq.gif
  • DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    She's so beautiful! Glad to know you are sleeping better and that everyone is doing well:toothy4:

• SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    What a cutie!
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    I really need to stay away from this board - or at least not drink the water here ;) - but I thought I'd chime in and say that if those of you who are looking for fabric for slings don't have time to run to a real fabric store locally, I've had wonderful customer service from Fabric.com. They often have great deals, especially if you sign up for their e-mails, and if I recall correctly, they're a family-run business.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    She's adorable!!! I'm glad you all are settling into a routine.
  • SisaSisa Registered Users Posts: 759
    Thanks for sharing that link to your album!

Since I peeked late, I got to see the new pics you just added. :) (I love the ones of her with the star lights - very cute!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file