Shipping question

DulceDulce Registered Users Posts: 24
Is USPS no longer a shipping option? I did get the email about UPS being the new shipping provider, but now, shipping is twice as much (I'm also in TX as well as CurlMart) and UPS tends to be very slow. :|

Comments

• EstelleEstelle Registered Users Posts: 89
    OMG, it is no good news at all for me. I live in Mauritius and shipping costs are a lot.
  • sweetsevensweetseven Registered Users Posts: 409
    Oh no, if that's true, I'm done with CurlMart unfortunately. I once vowed to never again buy from a store/person who ships UPS.
    I checked when we got the first email (last week or so) and you still had the option of UPS or USPS, but indeed I had another look right now and I only see two choises, both of UPS.

UPS is crazy expensive, they charge a lot of extra costs for Europeans. It would probably cost me $100 extra (shipping, custom, duty and brokerage fees) to ship two jars of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].

I'll have to search for another place that sells Kinky Curly.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
    sweetseven wrote: »
    Oh no, if that's true, I'm done with CurlMart unfortunately. I once vowed to never again buy from a store/person who ships UPS.
    I checked when we got the first email (last week or so) and you still had the option of UPS or USPS, but indeed I had another look right now and I only see two choises, both of UPS.

UPS is crazy expensive, they charge a lot of extra costs for Europeans. It would probably cost me $100 extra (shipping, custom, duty and brokerage fees) to ship two jars of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].

Me too I won't be able to buy [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] from curlmart. I have placed a provisional order today just to check out the price. My shipping costs are twice the price of the products.

I am thinking of buying directly from KC site. I just hope that the shipping costs are affordable there.
    Sweetseven: Can you please tell me where you buy your KBB products since you are from Europe? Thanks to reply.
    Estelle, I buy them from KBB's online website. Shipping costs are listed high, but you get a refund. My last order I bought about 8 bottles of milk/nectar and a hair butter, I paid about $50 for shipping, but got a $25 paypal refund after I paid. There's an error on the website (calculates shipping costs wrongly) and they emailed me, said they hope they'll have it fixed soon. Their customer service is amazing!

With UPS it's not just the shipping costs that are high. You should take in account that once the mailman delivers your package, you'll have to pay brokerage and custom fees. That would cost again about $50 (could be even higher). I know it's normal to pay custom fees and I never had a problem with that, it's just the brokerage fees and other extra costs that UPS charges that I refuse to pay.

I'll have to check if KC ships to Belgium, and if they do, how much it would cost.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
    Estelle, I buy them from KBB's online website. Shipping costs are listed high, but you get a refund. My last order I bought about 8 bottles of milk/nectar and a hair butter, I paid about $50 for shipping, but got a $25 paypal refund after I paid. There's an error on the website (calculates shipping costs wrongly) and they emailed me, said they hope they'll have it fixed soon. Their customer service is amazing!

With UPS it's not just the shipping costs that are high. You should take in account that once the mailman delivers your package, you'll have to pay brokerage and custom fees. That would cost again about $50 (could be even higher). I know it's normal to pay custom fees and I never had a problem with that, it's just the brokerage fees and other extra costs that UPS charges that I refuse to pay.

I'll have to check if KC ships to Belgium, and if they do, how much it would cost.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. KBB site does not ship to Mauritius for the moment.I am trying to find a site where KBB are sold and shipped here. I want so much to try the KBB products.
  • Shelly FontanaShelly Fontana Registered Users Posts: 253
    Hello,

Thank you for the feedback on UPS. We are evaluating the costs and hope to make the shipping costs very competitive with USPS and provide you with better customer service such as automatic tracking with your order. If you have any specific questions that you would like assistance with please email us at [email protected].

Thank you!
    Shelly
    Shelly Fontana
  • beadlvrbeadlvr Registered Users Posts: 6
    I'm just curious (haven't ordered yet) why use UPS when they are expensive. The postal carrier for USPS will come pick up any orders if a pick up is scheduled, items can be most often times packed in flat rate boxes, labels can be printed out (not sure how your shipping department is though) and tracking/delivery confirmation can be an option also. Just curious.

In my experience UPS leaves packages on the steps, doesn't knock or ring the doorbell, and doesn't get a signature....not secure at all. I have heard the same complaints from others who have ordered from UPS.
    Sherry McFall
    Avon Independent Sales Rep
    mark. Rep
    www.youravon.com/smcfall
  • jwortonjworton Registered Users Posts: 196
    Almost $20 to ship 3 small bottles a couple states away???? What happened to Curl Mart? It used to be so cheap and fast, now it takes more then twice as long to get the product and costs 3 times as much! There's no way I can order from here anymore.
    Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
    LLL Green Tea shampoo
    JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Registered Users Posts: 519 Curl Novice
    If you are looking for [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and live in the US, you can get it from www.kristybeauty.com with free shipping on orders $50 and over, and they carry a lot of different lines.
    I think you'd have to order from the company's website http://www.kinky-curly.com/ if you live elsewhere.
    http://www.azizabeautysupply.com/ also has many curl friendly lines and they have great customer service and shipping rates are as low as I've seen.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not a UPS fan either. I have to have everything delivered at work because they require a live body signature, and I'm not home. If I waive signature authorization and the shipper passes that on, they leave it outside the door rather than in the vestibule as USPS does. If I miss the UPS guy 3 times for siggie verification, I then have to take time off to go to their distribution center. UPS sucks in a big way.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • DulceDulce Registered Users Posts: 24
    jworton wrote: »
    Almost $20 to ship 3 small bottles a couple states away???? What happened to Curl Mart? It used to be so cheap and fast, now it takes more then twice as long to get the product and costs 3 times as much! There's no way I can order from here anymore.

That's exactly how I feel. I shouldn't have to pay $10 to have something shipped to me 3 HOURS away, as I'm in the same state as Curl Mart. It's very frustrating. :disgust: With USPS shipping, I'd pay $4-5 and my order would arrive the very next day (depending on when I placed my order). Now, I have to hope the local boutique starts carrying Oyin eventually (they carry pretty much every other product line Curl Mart does) or find another online shop.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Estelle wrote: »

Me too I won't be able to buy [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] from curlmart. I have placed a provisional order today just to check out the price. My shipping costs are twice the price of the products.

I am thinking of buying directly from KC site. I just hope that the shipping costs are affordable there.

I just ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], KKNT & the Curly Spiral Spritz from kristybeauty.com. Free shipping on orders over $50.00 and they shipped very, very quickly. The only problem I had was they shipped the products in a priority mail cardboard envelope and some of the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] leaked out in transit. Not enough leakage to make me feel cheated, just enough to make a bit of a mess. If you decide to order from them, I'd request that they pack it well in a box.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
    jworton wrote: »

Shipping charges are a HUGE deterrent for me as well.
    [quote=hmkenny;808584
    I just ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], KKNT & the Curly Spiral Spritz from kristybeauty.com. Free shipping on orders over $50.00 and they shipped very, very quickly. The only problem I had was they shipped the products in a priority mail cardboard envelope and some of the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] leaked out in transit. Not enough leakage to make me feel cheated, just enough to make a bit of a mess. If you decide to order from them, I'd request that they pack it well in a box.[/quote]

Thank you for that info. I'll take a look at this site then.
  • stingostingo Registered Users Posts: 124
    Hi Estelle, I sent you a PM about the KBB shipping issue (suggesting you should try sending them an email asking whether they can add Mauritius to the list of countries they ship to. I did the same thing and it worked!) HTH.
    Fia 2c?, F/Mii, porous, below shoulder; Mod.CG since 08/08
    Occasional no/low-poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; KBB Juicy bar; Soap of Alep
    Co-wash: Inecto Coconut; Enliven Raspberry; other local cond.
    Rinse-out & leave-in: KBB Milk
    [If] Styling: KCCC; avocado oil or KBB Butter to STCO
    2nd day: pineapple; KBB Milk+water spray
    Deep Cond.: Inecto Coconut; KBB LLHMask
    Scalp massages: Jessicurl Scalp Oil; avocado+rosemary oils
    Daily battle: my fussy scalp (just started Nizoral :()
    Non-Americans can get KC from http://www.honeyfig.com/ now :)
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

Thanks for the tip, sweetseven! :salute: I've just checked and their shipping fees to Europe are quite reasonable! Bookmarking their page for future PJ attacks :)
  • ParatyParaty Registered Users Posts: 394
    When did this change? The last time I ordered something was at the end of October and I don't remember selecting a specific carrier just standard/priority shipping...or something like that. I just know that I don't prefer UPS and I stopped ordering from one place for that reason. They are the only carrier that doesn't have access to my apartment building like USPS does. I don't know what the reason for this is since I live in a major city. Their closest pick up point is half an hour away from my job, and one hour away from where I live so what's the point of paying shipping if I have to travel to pick it up. It was so embarassing the last time because I arranged to meet the delivery man in the lobby at my job in the morning. By the end of the day it still hadn't arrived and they told me that it was on it's way when I was supposed to be leaving work. Right when I was leaving, the service man at my job stopped by my office and dropped off the package. UPS had delivered it to my firm as 'office mail'. I don't feel comfortable having my personal shipments mailed to work.
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I really liked USPS. They were fast, cheap, and could leave it in my mailbox. I can live with UPS but I think the shipping switch was a step down in my opinion.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • CammybCammyb Registered Users Posts: 576 Curl Neophyte
    I second that thought. Hence the reason why I've not made a purchase recently.
    uXBum4.png

"There’s just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. There’s a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is it’s sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
    www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • Oriental CurlOriental Curl Registered Users Posts: 201
    I must admit to being deeply disappointed too. :sad1: I've just excitedly placed an order to Europe (for what was meant to be a Christmas present), and then nearly died of a heart attack at the $60 delivery fee! I think not: it adds over 40% to the price of the order. And I was so looking forward both to using the products and to supporting the forum that has been such a valuable resource for me.

Has there been any word from an official source as to when there will be a financially viable alternative delivery method?
    Hair: LOTS of fine hair, mainly variations of 2 (FIA), now cut into a just-above-the-shoulder layered bob.

Products: MOP C-System Curl Enhancing shampoo
    Original Source conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
    MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream
    Boots clear gel and/or Joico Joiwhip
    Joico Curl Activator on the second day.
    I agree, the international shipping fees are outrageous. They weren't that low before either, but now there's simply no way I can justify ordering from CurlMart... Too bad.
    I think the domestic shipping fees are outrageous. Can't even imagine how cost prohibitive overseas shipping must be.
  • Oriental CurlOriental Curl Registered Users Posts: 201
    :idea1: I know... it's a plan...to stop everyone from spending too much at curlmart! They're actually doing us a favour, girls! Or something. :laughing6:
    Hair: LOTS of fine hair, mainly variations of 2 (FIA), now cut into a just-above-the-shoulder layered bob.

Products: MOP C-System Curl Enhancing shampoo
    Original Source conditioners for co-washing and conditioning
    MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream
    Boots clear gel and/or Joico Joiwhip
    Joico Curl Activator on the second day.
    Hmmm... you do have a point there... :scratch:
    stingo wrote: »
    Hi Estelle, I sent you a PM about the KBB shipping issue (suggesting you should try sending them an email asking whether they can add Mauritius to the list of countries they ship to. I did the same thing and it worked!) HTH.

Thank you for the suggestion :). You are so kind. I have contacted them just to know where I can buy KBB since they were not shipping to Mauritius. Grace has replied by saying that they have added my country to their list. WOW they are so nice people.
    Estelle wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestion :). You are so kind. I have contacted them just to know where I can buy KBB since they were not shipping to Mauritius. Grace has replied by saying that they have added my country to their list. WOW they are so nice people.

Glad it worked! Yep, they're pretty awesome (and encouraging PJ-ism on a global scale :D)
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Registered Users Posts: 297
    $70 for shipping to get a 12 oz. bottle shipped to Canada? Not to mention I’d have to pay duty on top of that. Unreal!!!
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa
  • Shelly FontanaShelly Fontana Registered Users Posts: 253
    Hello,

Thank you for the feedback on our shipping methods. We moved to UPS to offer better customer service by allowing customers to track their orders. We will offer other shipping methods to our Canadian and International customers in the very near future. The problem we encountered with USPS was that many packages were lost, stolen or damaged and we ended up covering the cost of replacement which is very expensive. With UPS customers can track the order when it leaves our office and they will cover lost, stolen or damaged packages. Thank you for your feedback, we want to offer you the best customer service possible.

Best,
    Shelly
    Shelly Fontana

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file