CurlTalk

~

lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
~

Comments

• lebanesecurlylebanesecurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    Dimethicone is the second ingredient, though. I'd be wary.
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii
    growing my hair out to BSL
    & mod-CG as of 9/1/08 :blob5:
    Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
    'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
    Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
    Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
    .I'm a PJ.

• LunacurlLunacurl Posts: 150Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    I thought the sample of Johnson's no more tangles leave-in conditioner I received was going to be a bomb due to its ingredients:
    Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Methylparaben, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Propylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide

By the way, the sodium hydroxide (lye) is a pH balancer in this case.

This only had glycerin from what I could tell & I like to have at least 3 natural ingredients (i.e., oils, extracts) in a product to give it a try. But I didn't have to pay for it, so what the hey, you know. ;)

I just can't believe how silky my hair feels! And it's got somewhat of a shine & healthy look going on, without being weighed down.

I recommend it if you don't mind the ingredients. But will I buy it? Not unless I run out of my stash of leave-in conditioner & that'll take years I bet. :toothy5:

Wow, what a blast from the past!! My mom used to use the spray on my hair when I was just a wee one.
    CG since 2002
    True 3b, but looser curls since moving to drier climate. BSL thick, medium-course hair with some 2C/3a on canopy. Curlygirl since 2001. Devachan client NYC from 2001-2005.

-co-wash w/Devacurl No-Poo or Suave conditioner
    -condition Deva One Condition or GVP Balm
    -i never use a leave in
    -style with KCCC or Angell or Devacurl Styling Cream
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ~
  • curlidivacurlidiva Posts: 4Registered Users
    I recently began using the Johnson's No More Tangles shampoo and conditioner for curly Hair as well as the detangling spray and love them both. I am not too crazy about the sulfates or the sodium hydroxide but my hair has never looked and felt better. I may have to try out the leave in conditioner next. Thanks for the information.