Are you a thread killer?

PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
Do you feel like you're the last person to post on most threads? :lol:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• SCGSCG Registered Users Posts: 5,416
    Yes! It's sooo annoying. On other forums, ones that are slower than this one, I always end up killing not only the thread but the entire board! It drives me crazy... Then everyone knows that I'm a thread killer! :P

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • ChakraChakra Registered Users Posts: 172
    Sometimes.... :oops: Why do you think that happens?
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    Playing the averages... if you post in a lot of threads, chances are you're going to be the last poster on some of them! But it can't be you, because it's ALWAYS me! :wink:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • dia99dia99 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    I think this term "thread killer" needs a definition in my other thread. 8)

If you often "kill" threads, you could look at it as your having written something so profound that it summed everything up nicely and no one had anything better to add. :D
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't post that much, but I always seem to be a thread killer.

I try not to take it personally. :cry:
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Banned Users Posts: 3,826
    i go both ways. my edgy posts can either spark a debate or scare away the masses.
    dia99 wrote:
    I think this term "thread killer" needs a definition in my other thread. 8)

If you often "kill" threads, you could look at it as your having written something so profound that it summed everything up nicely and no one had anything better to add. :D

That's kind of what I was trying to say in my third option!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • BiancaBianca Registered Users Posts: 2,492 Curl Connoisseur
    I've been known to kill a thread or two in my day. That's okay though. I like to have the last word anyway. Except when I ask someone a question from somewhere earlier in the thread and no one answers. Then I feel like a big laaahooo- zaaaheeer. :(
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    Not only a thread killer, but I also keep looking for the "Ignore Poster" button because I swear my name must be on many ignore lists--and, then there are those people who I hope are ignoring me.

Bianca--that's exactly what I'm talking about, too. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Registered Users Posts: 138
    Brwnshugah wrote:
    Not only a thread killer, but I also keep looking for the "Ignore Poster" button because I swear my name must be on many ignore lists--and, then there are those people who I hope are ignoring me.

:D

Ditto that. Don't you just love it when someone asks you a question and you respond and ask them a question and never get an answer? :wink:
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I never really thought about it and now it's one more thing to add to my list of negative attributes. I'm probably a thread-killer when I get defensive and argumentative and overly-opinionated (my other negative attributes!). People stop posting just to shut me up. And that's a good thing cuz I'll just go on and on and on til I drop dead. I need to start working on that.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SuperCurlSuperCurl Registered Users Posts: 111
    ScaryCurl wrote:
    Brwnshugah wrote:

:D

Ditto that. Don't you just love it when someone asks you a question and you respond and ask them a question and never get an answer? :wink:

3rd that!

ETA: Or I say something, nobody responds, and then somebody else says the exact same thing as I did, and everybody responds to that person.
    3a/b fine but lots of it!
    HG's:BRHG, AG Re:Coil, LOVING Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish!

ETA: Or I say something, nobody responds, and then somebody else says the exact same thing as I did, and everybody responds to that person.

Oh, I hate that!! I've had that happen several times(on another forum), and it's so frustrating!
    IvyWalker wrote:
    SuperCurl wrote:

Oh, I hate that!! I've had that happen several times(on another forum), and it's so frustrating!

I just assume they missed that part trying to skim my long posts. :oops:
  • MipMip Registered Users Posts: 233 Curl Connoisseur
    IvyWalker wrote:
    SuperCurl wrote:

Yup, that irritates me no end as well.
  • SuperCurlSuperCurl Registered Users Posts: 111
    Ohh thank you all, I feel so validated now that you responded to me :D

ETA: :wink: don't want you all thinking I'm serious now...........
    3a/b fine but lots of it!
    HG's:BRHG, AG Re:Coil, LOVING Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Condish!

IvyWalker wrote:
    SuperCurl wrote:

Never! Your posts are unmissable.
    Mip wrote:
    dia99 wrote:
    IvyWalker wrote:
    SuperCurl wrote:

Never! Your posts are unmissable.

:oops: or :D , whichever is appropriate in this case! :wink:
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    I can usually kill a thread. Let's see if this one is the next to die... :twisted:

:wink:
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I've been know to kill a few threads. :twisted:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    oh man all the time . this has happen to me in serveral forums .

I especially enjoy when I ask a question or start a thread about something I feel is important or I need help with and no one gives a **** enough to answer, but there will be a 10 page thread on cheese or dirt :lol:
    I guess it is just my winning personality. :lol:
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • SCGSCG Registered Users Posts: 5,416
    curlytop34 wrote:
    I especially enjoy when I ask a question or start a thread about something I feel is important or I need help with and no one gives a &%$@#! enough to answer, but there will be a 10 page thread on cheese or dirt :lol:

Oh, that made me laugh so hard... :lol: That has happened multiple times (not really on here... mostly other forums). I'll post something about my computer or something that's kind of an emergency, and no one pays attention. But I'll check back about a week later, and see that the Harry Potter topic is still going strong.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
    curlytop34 wrote:

I especially enjoy when I ask a question or start a thread about something I feel is important or I need help with and no one gives a &%$@#! enough to answer, but there will be a 10 page thread on cheese or dirt :lol:

I'm very bad about not opening MOST threads on here. I usually look at the title; if it's too ambiguous for me to tell what it's about, or Britney Spears, or NSFW or something like that, I'm probably not going to open it. :wink: :twisted:

The only exception is if the thread is on dirt/cheese and it's got a lot of views/replies. That usually means that the thread only started out about dirt/cheese, but is now a source of board drama/amusement. Now that I know you post important topics, I'll be looking out for your name! :lol:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    curlytop34 wrote:

Oh, that made me laugh so hard... :lol: That has happened multiple times (not really on here... mostly other forums). I'll post something about my computer or something that's kind of an emergency, and no one pays attention. But I'll check back about a week later, and see that the Harry Potter topic is still going strong.
    So true! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I probably killed the dirt/cheese/Harry Potter thread.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    dia99 wrote:
    curlytop34 wrote:

I'm very bad about not opening MOST threads on here. I usually look at the title; if it's too ambiguous for me to tell what it's about, or Britney Spears, or NSFW or something like that, I'm probably not going to open it. :wink: :twisted:

The only exception is if the thread is on dirt/cheese and it's got a lot of views/replies. That usually means that the thread only started out about dirt/cheese, but is now a source of board drama/amusement. Now that I know you post important topics, I'll be looking out for your name! :lol:

that is true . :lol: and if we are lucky we get to pull out some very good
    Quotes for our sig lines .
    Now that I know you post important topics, I'll be looking out for your name! :lol:
    :lol:
    no pressure, i could never hope to compete with plastic folks and life altering things like that .
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
    Would there be a special stigma applied to the person who kills THIS thread? :lol: 8)
    Minneapolis, MN
    Since we are not supposed to leave any questions unanswered, my answer is - the person who kills this thread would be THE SUPREME THREAD KILLER.
    Cripes! If no one posts after me, that would make me THE SUPREME THREAD KILLER! Certainly someone else wants that title!
  • starinastarina Registered Users Posts: 665 Curl Neophyte
    I'm going for it!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Banned Users Posts: 3,826
    i just took down a 23 pager. 8)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file