Warning About..........

Curly GurlyCurly Gurly Registered Users Posts: 42
warning about Avalon Organics peppermint shampoo and condish. it was such a waste of money. it smells good, thats all though.

this didnt really benefit my hair at all. it doesnt do anything for my curls and makes it super frizzy and brittle, even when its wet.

plus it has dimethicone in it...i didnt notice or know what dimethicone was til i saw something about it on a thread on here. just warning anyone who was planning on buying it. take precautions lol:wave:

Comments

• amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    I think all the Avalon conditioners had been reformulated with cones. I had checked them out when first going CG and I ended up not buying any for that reason. I think they had one that was CG, but without my other computer I can't say which one.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • rhosyn_durhosyn_du Registered Users Posts: 99
    amy51373 wrote: »
    I think all the Avalon conditioners had been reformulated with cones. I had checked them out when first going CG and I ended up not buying any for that reason. I think they had one that was CG, but without my other computer I can't say which one.

Several years ago, the lavender at least was cone-free, and I loved it. I was so sad when they reformulated. It's possible that their other conditioners were cone-free also, but I never checked until after they reformulated the lavender, and at that point, they all had cones.
    2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
    RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
    LOC: KCKT,
    Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Just because it's sulfate-free doesn't mean it's gentle. And what might be gentle for one person might not be gentle for the next. I've learned both things through plenty of trial & error. If you can get samples of something from another person to try before buying, that's the best way to find out what works/doesn't work for you. :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file