The Body Shop - Aloe vs Vitamin E

sarina32sarina32 Registered Users Posts: 200
hi, i was just wondering if anybody had tried either or both of these body shop skin care lines (the aloe or vitamin e) and what you like about them, etc.?

i have the aloe calming cleanser which i find to clean good and not dry me out and i got a sample of the vitamin e intense moisture cream which made my face oh so soft.

but i was wondering which to get the rest of the skincare line of. just worried if the aloe isn't moisturizing enough (haven't tried the aloe face creams at all yet) or if the vitamin e will break me out or clog my pores. i have dry skin and i only break out occasionally not often but i still want to avoid breakouts like mad haha.

thanks for your help!
Ontario, Canada
3a/3b - fine texture/high porosity
CURRENT LINE-UP:
experimenting....
Others: CLU towel, Mebco comb, occasional diffuser

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i'd take a look at the list of ingredients. are there things you know do break you out? if so, you'll know what to avoid.

aloe isn't something i'd think of as moisturizing, but if you like the product and it's working - why not?

what kind of climate are you in?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Registered Users Posts: 1,980
    Both are really nice lines (I used to work there). I would ask for samples to try and compare because you could end up like a blend of the two.

Personally I love the aloe cleanser (are you using the cream or the foam?) and the body line. The Vit. E moisturizer I like better because of the texture and the vit E is really good for your skin. The bonus with the aloe though is there are no chemical preservatives (no parabens!) and no fragrance (which means they can smell a little plasticky but it's just the container). I also really liked the Aloe body cream better than the Vit. E body butter.

(I used to work there and I have sensitive combo skin and am not prone to breakouts, so I liked both lines really well.)
  • sarina32sarina32 Registered Users Posts: 200
    ya i have no idea what makes me break out unfortunately...if it is ingredients or if it is when my skin gets irritated.
    im in canada, around the central region of ontario.
    the aloe cleanser i have is the calming cream one, i figured the foaming one would be a little to drying for my skin.
    i ended up going to the body shop and trying out some samples they had on display. the aloe day cream and regular vitamin e cream were definitely too thin, light and watery for me. the aloe night cream (for me to use as a day cream) and the vitamin e intense moisture cream seemed the best for my dry skin. so i asked for one of those for christmas! haha :)
    Ontario, Canada
    3a/3b - fine texture/high porosity
    CURRENT LINE-UP:
    experimenting....
    Others: CLU towel, Mebco comb, occasional diffuser

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file