Guy starting the no-poo method!

Hey all. I just got some advice to start the no shampoo method...and I was kinda skeptical at first. I just started it about two days ago and I would have to say that I was surprised with the results. I may have just been faking myself out but I feel like my hair was alot smoother by just using conditioner!

I do have a question though, is it normal for conditioner to just ABSORB like crazy in your hair? When I used shampoo, it seemed like it glided in my hair really easy and washed out easily. But when i just use conditioner, all of it just absorbs in my hair like IMMEDIATELY. I have to use like a whole handful in order for it to feel like anything is in my hair. Is this normal?

And, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of conditioner I shoudl be using? I'm just using a Finesse dry hair brand conditioner, but I'm guessing that theres probably some good stuff out there.

And, are there actually any shampoos that I can still use? I heard if it just doesn't have sulfates, I can still use shampoo. Is this true? If so, what are some recommended products?

Joey

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    Popnfrsh24 wrote: »
    Hey all. I just got some advice to start the no shampoo method...and I was kinda skeptical at first. I just started it about two days ago and I would have to say that I was surprised with the results. I may have just been faking myself out but I feel like my hair was alot smoother by just using conditioner!

I do have a question though, is it normal for conditioner to just ABSORB like crazy in your hair? When I used shampoo, it seemed like it glided in my hair really easy and washed out easily. But when i just use conditioner, all of it just absorbs in my hair like IMMEDIATELY. I have to use like a whole handful in order for it to feel like anything is in my hair. Is this normal?

And, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of conditioner I shoudl be using? I'm just using a Finesse dry hair brand conditioner, but I'm guessing that theres probably some good stuff out there.

And, are there actually any shampoos that I can still use? I heard if it just doesn't have sulfates, I can still use shampoo. Is this true? If so, what are some recommended products?

Joey

Hi welcome to the site! The conditioner is absorbing into your hair like crazy because your hair is crazy desperate for moisture! Once you settle into the CG routine and your hair gets used to having lots of moisture, you won't need to use as much over time.

There's lots of options for which conditioners you can use. If you're looking for cheap and readily available, the suave naturals conditioners and the VO5 conditioners are used quite widely around here. If you're looking for a little higher end, check out CurlMart on this site and/or the product reviews board.

As far as shampoo goes, there are no-poos, low poos, and shampoo bars that you can use. There are lots of options for each. Check out people's signatures to see what they're using. I don't use shampoo so I'm not too well versed in what's available

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file