Help! Need a very simple sweet potato casserole dish- for tomorrow

KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
Gah! I just found out that I need to supply a Sweet Potato Casserole for my son's Thanksgiving Feast at school on Friday.

Each class was given a category. Ours is Side Dishes, so I can't go with one of the dessert-type recipes that my family typically prepares (and that my nc.com search returned). I'm not a big sweet potato fan, so I'm not sure I've ever even eaten a savory sweet potato casserole dish.

The "target audience" is 9 year olds, so I'm looking for a simple, easy to prepare, tried but true recipe. Can anyone help?

A million thanks!
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Comments

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    KindaWavy wrote: »
    Gah! I just found out that I need to supply a Sweet Potato Casserole for my son's Thanksgiving Feast at school on Friday.

Each class was given a category. Ours is Side Dishes, so I can't go with one of the dessert-type recipes that my family typically prepares (and that my nc.com search returned). I'm not a big sweet potato fan, so I'm not sure I've ever even eaten a savory sweet potato casserole dish.

The "target audience" is 9 year olds, so I'm looking for a simple, easy to prepare, tried but true recipe. Can anyone help?

A million thanks!

Mashed sweet potatoes are always good and can be put in a casserole dish with a topping. Peel and Slice the potatoes. Boil them until tender. Drain. Place back in the pot and mash with a potato masher. Add butter, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg (a little goes a long way). Mix together and place in a casserole dish. Top with your favorite nuts (sliced cashews are yummy) and another light sprinkle of nutmeg. At this point, either store it or place in the oven to LIGHTLY brown up the nuts. Watch them carefully because the nuts can burn.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    Thanks so much, SydneyCurl! I will definitely go the route you described. It sounds good even to a non-yam lover like myself, so I feel sure that finicky 3rd graders would like it, too.

:D
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file