gah! Help please!

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Registered Users Posts: 133 Curl Connoisseur
My hair was happily going along, co-wash every 2 or 3 days, lemon juice in co-wash once every week to degrease. Anyway, my hair is now going greasy again! Not everywhere, weirdly. I have a side parting and the side which has more hair is getting greasy at the front. Also a bit greasy at the back. Some dandruff appearing too at the front... Attacked my hair with condish and 2 lemons-worth of juice last night and still no improvement.

My hair routine hasn't changed at all. Just original source mint and tea tree condish for conditioning and co-washing and VO5 gel for styling.

Any thoughts? If I do shampoo every so often, what shampoo should I use? I own one without cones: Naked Detox. Has quite a lot of cleaning ingredients but none of them as harsh as sulphates, I presume.

Thanks for any help. This is getting me down :(
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    You could try shampooing and see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't, then you'd know it's not a buildup problem and can start thinking about things like glycerin and protein issues.

A lot of people on this site have had success with shampoo bars and ACV rinses afterwards. You might look into that rather than using a shampoo with detergents
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    My hair was doing that when I first started. I had to up my co-washes to every other day. You could also try brown sugar in your conditioner. That will help with the flakes.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file