going without poo the Wen way and loving it

I switched to Wen Hair Care which uses a "cleansing conditioner" in place of shampoo and conditioner. It's also used as a leave in conditioner and styling product. I have never had better hair. Then I use Jessiecurl [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] and I've got the best curls I've ever had. I'm a 3A who is growing out a short haircut and I have thinning hair. The only thing this combo can't do is give me back the hair I've lost but otherwise it's the best combo ever.
:blob:

Comments

• EstelleEstelle Registered Users Posts: 89
    Hi,

Congrats to you then:) I am currently looking for a conditioner to actually cleanse my hair. Is the cleansing conditioner CG?
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    Estelle wrote: »
    Hi,

Congrats to you then:) I am currently looking for a conditioner to actually cleanse my hair. Is the cleansing conditioner CG?

I think it has the A-cone as an ingredient. There were some posts about it on the main board.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • aneffigyaneffigy Registered Users Posts: 93
    Both Wen and its generic Sally's knockoff, Hair One, have an a-cone. I used the Sally's Hair One Jojoba for a month or so and really liked it before realizing this. Now I'm completely CG, but if that ends up not working, I'd definitely go back to Hair One.
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
  • EstelleEstelle Registered Users Posts: 89
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Estelle wrote: »
    Hi,

I think it has the A-cone as an ingredient. There were some posts about it on the main board.
    aneffigy wrote: »
    Both Wen and its generic Sally's knockoff, Hair One, have an a-cone. I used the Sally's Hair One Jojoba for a month or so and really liked it before realizing this. Now I'm completely CG, but if that ends up not working, I'd definitely go back to Hair One.

Can one of you girls help me with a conditioner which is CG please? Thanks;)
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Registered Users Posts: 383
    aneffigy wrote: »

I'm so glad you mentioned this; thanks, aneffigy! I've been edging a stylist friend into CG. She wasn't familiar with it (she's a natural wavy), but she had heard of Wen and was ready to order it. I told her to hold off until I could double check the Sally's generic because Wen is so pricey. I didn't realize both had a cone (amodimethicone, right?). That's good to know since I was going to try Hair One the next time I went to Sally's. I've found over the past few months that any cones- even the water-soluable ones seem to shred my curl..
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file