Another question - Benefit Get Even

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Another question...have any of you tried Benefit Get Even powder. I have looked at probably a dozen times but haven't actually tried it yet. It gets mixed reviews on MUA. It just looks interesting to me because it is supposed to help even out the redness and you can reapply. That is a plus for me. For the most part I can get away with just concealer and powder but it never totally evens me up and this looks like it might. Anyone tried? What are your opinions?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,680Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    truthfully, i haven't tried it because i don't think a powder would work in that respect.

it's probably a matter of personal preference and how much redness you have. i have a LOT of redness and can't see powder working, where someone with a mild case of it might have much more luck with it.

do you have a Benefit counter or Sephora near you so you could try it?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We have both Sephora and Benefit. I went in to Benefit one day to try it but they were very busy and I really didn't have time to wait.

I was curious how it would work as just a powder too because I don't see how it would help the redness. I don't have alot of redness. It's mostly my cheeks and if it's really bad, then across my nose too. If it's really severe it can be my entire face although that doesn't happen very often thankfully. Primarily it just lingers in my cheeks so I guess that could be considered mild.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have tried it in Benefit before and I'm undecided. I have redness and oiliness problems. I think my main concern was over the colour - I'm very pale and have trouble finding foundation/powder etc that's light enough.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me too. Even the lightest shade of foundation tends to make me a little darker than I usually am. It's not really a noticeable darker to anyone else but I see a definite difference in color when I have foundation on and when I don't. It's strange.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file