Philadelphia marathon this Saturday!

2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My DH, DD and I are going to be walking the Phila. marathon this Saturday. We've been training for it since July. Our longest walk so far has been 20 miles which we did in 5 hrs, 10 mins. We hope to do the entire 26.2 miles in 6.5 hrs or so. We'll be fine as long as the weather isn't rainy/snowy. So far the forecast is for mostly cloudy and a high of 43. It'll be in the low 30s when we start at 7 a.m. Brrr!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So we DID IT! There were 18,000 runners and 500 walkers. Most of the walkers only did the half-marathon. We did the complete 26.2 miles in 61/2 hours - with an average pace of 15 min/mile. We're feeling righteous, victorious and very, very sore! :walk:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    So we DID IT! There were 18,000 runners and 500 walkers. Most of the walkers only did the half-marathon. We did the complete 26.2 miles in 61/2 hours - with an average pace of 15 min/mile. We're feeling righteous, victorious and very, very sore! :walk:

Congratulations!! That is awesome. You guys made great time! You should be feeling righteous...
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    walking a marathon is a HUGE accomplishment - great job!!!! I was there too, running the 8K! :) (and really freezing my paws off because I forgot to bring gloves.)
    Congrats to you, too!! It was freezing, wasn't it? Fortunately we warmed up after the first few miles - and once the sun finally woke up!

I am eagerly awaiting pictures!! they are supposed to be posted by thursday.

http://orders.islandphoto.com/apps/RaceEvents.aspx
    Oh - fun! I'll have to look for them....

I just noticed my pics are posted! yay! :)

Those are expensive pics though ...the cheapest option was $20!!!

I probably won't be buying one although I think it would be pretty easy to Photoshop and get the square out of the close-up thumbnail.
    I'm losing the nail on my big toe. Drat. I didn't think that would happen. I mean - I walked, I didn't run. Oh well, I guess it was just a lot of pounding. It'll just look a bit funky at yoga class for awhile! :sad1:

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow! Congrats on walking that..

My husband is training for a marathon right now, he ran a half marathon last year and signed up for the marathon the next day!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    That's wonderful - I am impressed by anyone who can run for that distance. I did the C25K program and got up to running for 30 minutes, but I never progressed much beyond that. I much prefer walking!

• a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
    I've been out of the loop for a while, but congrats 2poodles! You are an inspiration!
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file